“A place where you feel as comfortable as home”

Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center
Ranked #33 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed with my family for 2 day in the first week of July. I had an excellent experience staying at this place. The customer service, rooms and amneties satisfied my expectations. The facilities rendered are absolutely worth the price paid

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Stevetaylr86
ssunny s, Owner at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for reviewing Days Inn on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that we were able to meet the expectations of you and your family regarding customer service, rooms, amenities and the price. We wish you come back and stay with us while you are in Roanoke next time. Thanks for staying at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My choice to stay at the Days Inn came suddenly, and the process of making a reservation on the phone and checking in that same night went very smoothly. That's about where the positives end. Other than the great front desk staff, nothing else met my (pretty low) expectations.

To begin, the hallways, stairwells, and elevators in this hotel look like they went through a war. If you look closely, you'll see sloppy paint, garbage, and grime throughout the property. Not the best first impression. My room was fairly clean upon arrival (minus some badly stained chairs, but these weren't an issue). However, housekeeping was highly unimpressive for the remainder of the stay. When I left to go eat the free breakfast downstairs at about 9:00 in the morning each day, I'd spend about 10 minutes eating before I came back up. At no point would I even see a trace of a housekeeping employee. Yet, within that 10 minute span, housekeeping would be in and out of the room. They must have spent less than 5 minutes in there each day. The rate per night does't go down if you stay more than a single night, so I expected the full cleaning a room would get if a guest were to check out and another were to check in (which I sincerely hope is more extensive than what I just described). Usually, I'd find my bed linens sloppily pulled up and some towels dumped on the bed. Each morning, I got the joy of having to pull long black hairs off of my "clean" towels in the bathroom. I honestly feel badly for whoever did my laundry during this stay, since they must have gone bald during the time I was there. On my last day, I found several bugs in the sink area of my room.

By far, the strangest situation I found myself in at this hotel happened on my second to last day. I came back to my room early in the morning, and it was the first day that housekeeping hadn't gotten to my room while I was at breakfast. I bolted the door and went into the bathroom. Then, not even 5 minutes later, I was startled to hear someone attempting to force my door open. I got out as quickly as I could and ran across the room where I (maybe foolishly) promptly opened the door and found that HOUSEKEEPING was trying to force the door open! The man was polite and offered me fresh towels, but I can't figure out why he wanted to get in so badly.

The property had a few bonuses. While I didn't use the pool, it looked well-kept and the people in it seemed to be having fun. The free breakfast is open until 9:30 (compared to 9:00 at the Rodeway Inn across the street). The room also featured a personal combination safe which looked brand new. Other than that, the property was dingy, dated, and sub-par... even for the price I paid. Overall, I absolutely plan to take my business elsewhere on my next trip to Roanoke. Look around at reviews for a bit, and I'm sure you'll find a vast list of similarly-priced hotels where your dollar buys a lot more.

Room Tip: Rooms that face Orange Avenue (the front) are fairly noisy because of the busy street. I'd reco...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Missouri2Mexico
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 days in July 2013. It was very reasonably priced...it was clean enough but, it was very outdated and offered no frills....the ac broke in our first room and we had to move to another....I was not impressed.....with the furnishings, the staff, or the area, but it did serve the purpose and save us mone.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you pay!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie R

Dear Guest, Thanks for your candid feedback. We are glad you found our hotel clean and reasonable. I personally apologize for the inconvenience caused to you because of AC and you had to change the room. We have fixed that issue already. We wish you choose Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center on your next stay and give us the chance to serve you better on your next stay. Thanks for Staying with Days Inn.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Days Inn is all well about location. Breakfast was really good. Rooms were clean and they have king size bed in room. Wi-Fi internet were worked well for me. Front desk lady was friendly. check in and check out process was quick and simple. I don't have any bad experience at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ssunny s, Owner at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for your candid review. We are pleased to know that you had an excellent experience staying at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center. We wish you choose Days Inn on your next trip to Roanoke. Thanks for staying with Days Inn.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The service from the desk was good.
The room was clean but maintenance could be (much) better.
The location is o.k. The town is nice.
We had, as people from the Netherlands, a good time in Roanoke.
The friendlyness of the people, for instance the hairdresser, was warm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest, Thanks for your candid comments. We are happy to know that you had wonderful time in Roanoke and you are satisfied with our services and amenities. We wish you choose Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center on your next trip to Roanoke. Thanks for staying with Days Inn.

Reviewed August 4, 2013