“great experience”

Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Hamilton, United States
“great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

hotel was excellent, we were all 100% pleased with the stay. we all arrived after 10pm and were able to get into our room very quickly, the staff was excellent and so was the morning breakfast. we were pleased..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had no reservation but had driven as far as I could when I decided to stop in at the Hampton Inn Roanoke, VA at about 1 a.m. Despite the time, I was greeted by a very enthusiastic staff and checked in in record time. The room was as expected very nice and even though my stay was brief, I left with a better feeling than when I arrived. How often does this happen? I am not used to giving praise but must give it out on this occasion.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Once again, Hampton Inn has done what they do best. After driving from CANADA, the Roanoke Virginia Hotel lived up to its name by providing me with another EXCELLENT stay after driving for 15 hours. Upon arrival, my family was greeted with a big smile and were offered a beverage and snacks from the lobby area. Room was ready for us as well upon arrival, and was above and beyond what we were expecting for our stay. Will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Alexandria, VA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Clean and professional overall, as befits the chain. But I had some nitpicks. When I saw that small toilet and no fan in the bathroom after a long day on the road, I could see trouble ahead. I'll leave it at that. The indoor pool is really small, suitable only for a dip, not for real exercise or play. And the hotel is not near anything interesting that I'm aware of. It's close to I-81, but if you plan to see things downtown, I'm sure there are places closer-in that you could stay. We had no problems with noise, but it was mid-week.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Beaufort
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is our second stay here. Overall room fairly clean. Some mold starting in shower. Carpet dirty and in disrepair. Did not eat breakfast but did get a bag breakfast on our way out on our last day. Apples were old and rotting. Should be ashamed to put something like that in the bag. Some desk staff nice others looked at us like we had two heads. Would stay here again if nothing else available.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Robin S
Bel Air, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

The hotel was clean and the employees were courteous. The breakfast was also very good. However, the bed mattress was too soft to be comfortable which was likely caused by its age. If the hotel upgrades the mattresses I would likely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Michael D
Knoxville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel was clean. The bed was comfortable, and the Wi-Fi accessibility was without flaw. It was also very easy to reach from the interstate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple