“Avoid room 112”

Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed March 16, 2014

An older Hampton inn with signs of upgrading in some rooms. Indoor pool smell throughout first floor. Nice breakfast hot n cold foods. Room 112 shares a wall with an elevator and the noise is loud every time the elevator is used. Comfortable beds, comfy rollaway cot. Plenty of towels. Good parking. In town for volleyball tournament.

Room Tip: Room 112 is loud due to shared wall with elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We selected this hotel during our family trip from Nashville, TN to home (NYC). We enjoy staying at Hilton Hotels not only because we are Hilton Honors Diamond VIP members but also for their service. Check in process was fast as we arrived around 10:00 pm. Front desk person was not able to provide us with detailed information about food places around as well as did not offer Diamond ViP package. The room and service was great. We will definitely will stop again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Pool smell permeates the eating area, room had some- thing that irritated our eyes, stuffed our nose. Bathroom needs attention, re tub & stool. Probably the poorest Hampton we have used over the years.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kenneth H
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Excellent place to stay. Would definitely stay again if i'm ever in Roanoke. Friendly staff, they were very accommodating during a snow storm that shut down the whole town, the staff managed a crowded lobby and kept everyone happy. Clean rooms, expect nothing less from a hilton brand. Close to everything.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I find it hard to miss with Hampton Inns. This was our second stay and it was just what we expected. There are a number of good restaurants nearby. The facility is clean and very close to the interstate.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The workers made us shovel out our own parking spot when there is snow. They didn't even ask to help you shovel they just wait inside staring at you. Other than that the rooms were nice and very good breakfast

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was here for the big snow fall. They found me a room for an extra night, made sure I had what I needed and when the taxi didn't show to get me to the airport, they drove me in their personal car. The man even refused take any money he simply said, "I'm glad I can help, travel safe going home".

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business