“Always a Comfort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Always a Comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I are partial to Hampton Inns in general. You know to expect quality all the way around. We were worn out from our drive and looked forward to their meticulously clean facilities and a wonderful, free breakfast waiting for us the next morning. We were not disappointed! Notes left in the room tell you that your duvet covers and linens are freshly cleaned. The beds are extra comfortable as well as the bed pillows....I'd love to purchase some for our house! There is a very comfortable, spacious dining area with serve yourself complimentary breakfast. We always enjoy the variety, from bagels and sweet rolls to hot oatmeal with extras to add to the regular eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy. The breakfast manager was very pleasant and helpful as well. It is really a nice benefit that comes with the price of the room. Checkout near Roanoke was 11 a.m., which gave us plenty of time to laze around a little before leaving.
The ONLY reason for not giving it 5 stars is that there was a constant interference on the tv...not sure if the problem was with their server or in the tv. We did not report it; it could have been a quick fix.

Rockville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Since I am an alumnae of college close by, this is my fourth stay. I have always had a great stay here. Staff is friendly. Rooms are always clean. They had a busy weekend with a VA Tech game down the road, but service was still great. Would not stay anywhere else in Roanoke. Only complaint I could find was maybe a new battery need in tv remote. Thanks for the great stay.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I arrived at the hotel after a long day travelling and after a shower fell into the large comfortable bed where I had a very restful sleep.Despite the room facing the main road I slept like a baby!Perhaps my snoring drowned out any other noise??

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bradenton FL, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We accepted the only room available on our trip. The bathroom floor and shower area were filthy and the carpet in the suite was dirty. We complained to the management and they reduced our bill 50%. Room should have been fully refunded based on the conditions. We will continue to use Hampton Inns but not at this location.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Tennessee for vacation. As a member of Hilton Honors, I am used to a certain standard of quality from Hampton Inns and this one is not up to it. The sink in our bathroom was cracked and the decor in the room (room 228) looked like it had seen better days. The room needs a complete make over. A traveler would be better off staying at another of the many hotels off I-81 in areas like Harrisonburg or Staunton which are nearby. We will pass on this Hampton Inn on our way back from Tennessee.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed at the HIR for one night for a business meeting. The hotel is conveniently located off the 81 and is in a quiet area. Check in was not a problem and staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was appropriately sized as well. Bed was comfortable for a good night's rest. The room was quiet and everything was functional in the room. While the hotel is a little older than some of its compatriots, I did not notice any dirty carpets or other evidence of dingy upkeep. Didnt use the fitness room or the pool.
The only issue that prevented me from giving a higher rating was, that there was cigarette smoke in the hallways on the 3rd floor, although I could not smell it in my room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Abingdon, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am a loyal Hampton Inn customer, use it exclusively when I travel on business (2 weeks a month). This Hampton was old and dirty. I just couldn't get past the dirty, stained carpets. It appeared they hadn't been cleaned in a long, long time. The bed mattress was pretty bad as well. I was in a King Bed and one side was lower than the other, so I kept rolling to that side. It was just worn out and needed replacing. Free breakfast was the normal Hampton Inn stuff, which I do like. Fitness room was in good condition, but the TV's didn't work well in the Fitness room. I felt that I was in an old, run down hampton that either needs a complete upgrade or maybe they should just build a new one (like they are doing in most places). Won't stay here again, will try either the Hampton Inn in Salem, VA or the Doubletree in downtown Roanoke for future stays.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Cambria Hotel & Suites
#2 of 39 in Roanoke
4.5 of 5 stars 603 reviews
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!