“Always a great stay.”

Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Rockville, Virginia
“Always a great stay.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Since I am an alumnae of college close by, this is my fourth stay. I have always had a great stay here. Staff is friendly. Rooms are always clean. They had a busy weekend with a VA Tech game down the road, but service was still great. Would not stay anywhere else in Roanoke. Only complaint I could find was maybe a new battery need in tv remote. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I arrived at the hotel after a long day travelling and after a shower fell into the large comfortable bed where I had a very restful sleep.Despite the room facing the main road I slept like a baby!Perhaps my snoring drowned out any other noise??

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bradenton FL, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We accepted the only room available on our trip. The bathroom floor and shower area were filthy and the carpet in the suite was dirty. We complained to the management and they reduced our bill 50%. Room should have been fully refunded based on the conditions. We will continue to use Hampton Inns but not at this location.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Tennessee for vacation. As a member of Hilton Honors, I am used to a certain standard of quality from Hampton Inns and this one is not up to it. The sink in our bathroom was cracked and the decor in the room (room 228) looked like it had seen better days. The room needs a complete make over. A traveler would be better off staying at another of the many hotels off I-81 in areas like Harrisonburg or Staunton which are nearby. We will pass on this Hampton Inn on our way back from Tennessee.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed at the HIR for one night for a business meeting. The hotel is conveniently located off the 81 and is in a quiet area. Check in was not a problem and staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was appropriately sized as well. Bed was comfortable for a good night's rest. The room was quiet and everything was functional in the room. While the hotel is a little older than some of its compatriots, I did not notice any dirty carpets or other evidence of dingy upkeep. Didnt use the fitness room or the pool.
The only issue that prevented me from giving a higher rating was, that there was cigarette smoke in the hallways on the 3rd floor, although I could not smell it in my room.

Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am a loyal Hampton Inn customer, use it exclusively when I travel on business (2 weeks a month). This Hampton was old and dirty. I just couldn't get past the dirty, stained carpets. It appeared they hadn't been cleaned in a long, long time. The bed mattress was pretty bad as well. I was in a King Bed and one side was lower than the other, so I kept rolling to that side. It was just worn out and needed replacing. Free breakfast was the normal Hampton Inn stuff, which I do like. Fitness room was in good condition, but the TV's didn't work well in the Fitness room. I felt that I was in an old, run down hampton that either needs a complete upgrade or maybe they should just build a new one (like they are doing in most places). Won't stay here again, will try either the Hampton Inn in Salem, VA or the Doubletree in downtown Roanoke for future stays.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Overall the hotel was acceptable but below the standard usually experienced at Hampton. The carpets in the hallways and guest room appeared badly soiled. I took a damp wash cloth and rubbed across the carpent in the guest room. It was "black" from dirt. We were afraid to step on the carpent without shows. Move on down the road. You will be glad you did.

Room Tip: Don stay here!