“Hampton Inn Roanoke, VA.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81

Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Montomery Village, United States
“Hampton Inn Roanoke, VA.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is located just off I-81 and is easy to get to from the interstate. Its location was my primary reason for choosing this hotel. It is a product that has the same consitency almost wherever I am across the country and why I chose the Hampton Inn's.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pasadena, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am a regular at Hampton Inn. i will go out of my way to stay at one near where i am doing business they are so consistent. The STAFF WERE GOOD the hotel just was not up to the normal niceness of Hampton Inn.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am a loyal Hampton Guest and I recommend this Hampton off I 81 to stay. We only stayed one night enroute of our road trip. It is close to the highway. The staff was excellent; willing to assist in anyway needed. The rooms are clean and fresh. The beds are comfortable. Electronics work well. The rooms are roomy. The lobby is clean and bright. The parking area is well lit and clean. I give this Hampton a 10.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

When I arrived to check in, there was one person working the check in desk (Jim). Jim had to get towels and other items for a family which made us have to wait a few minutes but its understandable since they were there first. After he came back to the desk to help us, he asked how he could help but then stopped so he could take a phone call. Jim then made us wait while he told the person what the availability was, the different rates, then took their reservation while we were waiting in front of him. In the middle of the process, a second worker came to the desk but he took the person behind us since he assumed Jim was helping us. After the second guy checked in this guest behind us, he asked if we needed help. He checked us in less than a minute. It was a quick and easy process from that point. What could they have done differently?, when they answered the phone, tell the person to hold please while you help the customer who was their first and you already have their reservation.

1 Thank Atlantaguy0778
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed at this property several time as we travel I-81, and found it to be a convenient and a good value. Breakfast was good (liked the biscuits); rooms were okay. Had an issue a few years back with a group of kids on a mission trip, should have changed rooms, but complained and the manager handled...

Room Tip: High rooms are better.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This a on par Hampton Inn, Clean, comfortable, convenient, and friendly staff. We like Hampton's because they are consistent and dependable. This one is all of the above. However, most of the good restaurants are about 3 or 4 miles away.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I don't know if our GPS led us astray, but we traveled through a residential community in order to find the hotel. I was thinking...seriously....there is a Hampton Inn near here? But we found it, and it was nearby. We were satisfied with our stay. The best part was the authentic Mexican restaurant (El Rodeo) next door that we could walk to. What a special treat. Romantic. Good food for a good price. I am always very pleased with Hampton Inn Hotels, but this time I noticed a very odd smell in the bathroom (smelled like cat). Was not very pleasant. Other than this, we were satisfied. Small indoor pool. Good complimentary breakfast, but missed not having a meat item offered.