“Great hotel Terrible Staff”

Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I think the title says it all. Have stayed in this hotel before and had a great experience. This time, not so much. As for the hotel, it is fantastic. Great rooms, beds, breakfast, etc... The staff really leaves something to be desired though. Cant be bothered with ANYTHING that is going to require even a minimal amount of work, thinking, or common sense.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Mitch S
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a typical Hampton Inn with a little wear on the furnishings. The staff is competent and the rooms are typical Hampton, with a great bed and fresh linens and a fairly nice bathroom with amenities. Internet was free, although a little slow. We were happy with the room for the price, but were disappointed with the breakfast, which had no protein offerings and was kind of cheap-I think Hampton is generally letting their breakfasts deteriorate as this is the third in a row that had a mediocre breakfast. i would prefer to pay a little more for a better offering. If you are travelling I-81, this is an OK choice, but we will continue to look for a better alternative.

Room Tip: highway. Although the highway is not directly next to the hotel, you can hear the Jake brakes of th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you like and are comfortable with Hampton Inns, this one will satisfy. Our room was clean and tidy, sleeping was relaxing and quiet, the breakfast area was well-stocked and we finally got the sausage gravy we were hoping for in our trip to the South. If we were in the area again, we would stop at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice property outside of Roanoke,conveienent of I-81. Located near two other hotel properties.Clean,nice rooms,breakfast is good,staff was very courteous.Adequate parking. Would stay again. I like going to Hilton properties.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here one night after a long drive traveling cross country..Hilton Gold Member...2 Adults and 2 Kids..Was given room 102..A large 2 queen room...The room was great and much larger than I expected..Shower was clean and water pressure was great..Pool area looked nice although we didn't use it..The breakfast was just okay..This is nothing against this particular hotel but mostly all Hampton Inns could learn to serve better quality breakfast..Overall if I was driving this route again I'd stay here again no question..

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hamptons are our 'go to' hotels while traveling. We have learnt that they are not all the same and there are differences. At this particular hotel, the facility is fine, but the beds we had on two different occasions, in two different rooms, were uncomfortable and squeaky. Every time my husband rolled over, the springs would squeak and bong...it did not make for a peaceful night, on either night!! Perhaps if more folks let them know, they would change to new beds and/or mattresses. Does anyone else out there dislike those lumpy comforters used in Hamptons??

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lifesatrip
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel and by far some of the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. We were there for a weekend volleyball tournament and the staff were extremely patient with our many many girls. They kept the juice machines up and running 24/7, left fruit out in the breakfast area all day and night, and they always had fresh coffee and cookies. The king room was huge and the bedding was extremely comfortable. The rooms were the freshest smelling rooms! Very clean!!!! 10 minutes top to the mall, shopping and every eatery under the sun!!! I would definately recommend! 2 blocks off the interstate!!!

• Stayed: March 2013