“Another comfortable Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81

Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Elmira, NY
“Another comfortable Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you like and are comfortable with Hampton Inns, this one will satisfy. Our room was clean and tidy, sleeping was relaxing and quiet, the breakfast area was well-stocked and we finally got the sausage gravy we were hoping for in our trip to the South. If we were in the area again, we would stop at this Hampton Inn.

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Silver Spring
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice property outside of Roanoke,conveienent of I-81. Located near two other hotel properties.Clean,nice rooms,breakfast is good,staff was very courteous.Adequate parking. Would stay again. I like going to Hilton properties.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here one night after a long drive traveling cross country..Hilton Gold Member...2 Adults and 2 Kids..Was given room 102..A large 2 queen room...The room was great and much larger than I expected..Shower was clean and water pressure was great..Pool area looked nice although we didn't use it..The breakfast was just okay..This is nothing against this particular hotel but mostly all Hampton Inns could learn to serve better quality breakfast..Overall if I was driving this route again I'd stay here again no question..

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hamptons are our 'go to' hotels while traveling. We have learnt that they are not all the same and there are differences. At this particular hotel, the facility is fine, but the beds we had on two different occasions, in two different rooms, were uncomfortable and squeaky. Every time my husband rolled over, the springs would squeak and bong...it did not make for a peaceful night, on either night!! Perhaps if more folks let them know, they would change to new beds and/or mattresses. Does anyone else out there dislike those lumpy comforters used in Hamptons??

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank lifesatrip
Manassas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel and by far some of the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. We were there for a weekend volleyball tournament and the staff were extremely patient with our many many girls. They kept the juice machines up and running 24/7, left fruit out in the breakfast area all day and night, and they always had fresh coffee and cookies. The king room was huge and the bedding was extremely comfortable. The rooms were the freshest smelling rooms! Very clean!!!! 10 minutes top to the mall, shopping and every eatery under the sun!!! I would definately recommend! 2 blocks off the interstate!!!

• Stayed March 2013
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Fabulous relaxing break in a decent hotel with good facilities & really lovely & very helpful staff who made our weekend. Terri in the restaurant provided a very friendly, second to none efficient service. Highly recommended for a quite relaxing break, pleasantly surprised.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here one night on our way from NJ to TN. I am real partial to the Hampton Inn brand and always look to stay at one when traveling. This one is a decent hotel to stay at but a little tired compared to some other Hampton Inns. Indoor pool, no indoor hot tub if I remember, and of course free breakfast and cookies to go when you leave. The staff is real friendly though and I'll stop there again without hesitation if I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple