“Would stay again.”

Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Very pleased with room, clean and extremely nice staff. Free breakfast was wonderful with many choices available. Overall, quite pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2012
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here one night while on our way to the Gulf Coast. Arrived past the 6PM cancelation deadline or I would have moved. This hotel needs an update. Don't expect the typical Hampton experience. There are better choices in the area.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed here on 11/11 after visiting Virginia Tech. It was excellent. The service was polite but not overly friendly. We had two queen beds that were perfectly adequate. I like the large bathrooms and granite counters on the newer Hampton Inns and this one must have been newer. The place was spotless. The breakfast was excellent- omelets, Canadian bacon, waffles, muffins and bread, cereal, etc. We swam in the pool and worked out with free weights and good treadmills. Use goggles in the warm pool, my son had a terrible reaction to the chlorine. If you are visiting colleges, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelbugNewEngland
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The rooms are amazing! breakfast in the morning was awesome! and customer service was great! front desk assistants were very friendly and gladly answered any questions that i needed. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2011

after reading reviews, was hesitant to book. but when it's vtech football season, hotels are sold out in this area - even 26 miles away. it was a surprise how friendly front desk was. extremely helpful woman who was busily initializing room keycards for full house that night. we arrived around 2pm and asked if we could check-in early. room wasn't ready yet, but she gave us our room keycards and offered to drop-off any luggage if needed. given how early people start trying to check-in on football weekend - 7:30am. we're talking devotion. came back very late after bumper to bumper drive. room was welcome sight after night of rain. large, clean with all appointments as expected from Hampton Inn and more. Free breakfast was prepared nicely and diligently refreshed with fresh food. breakfast room was filled with travelers from all sides of the gridiron. morning discussions were reserved to family reunions and travel stories (thank goodness). Being right off of I-81, there are many choices for hotels at this exit. But found this Hampton Inn up to par and then some. was pleasantly surprised given some reviews. but as another reviewer said, right place when needed. friendly front desk and staff. no mean man here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stopped in Lexington Va hoping for a place to stay on a recent trip south. They were full but made a call further south to Hollins Hampton Inn which could accommodate us - even there was a Virginia Tech football game the next day. Check in was smooth and pleasant. When we asked about a place to dine they directed us to a very nice Mexican restaurant that we could walk to and we had an enjoyable dinner. Breakfast was very good - waffles like I like them and coffee was good. Cheese omelet was the usual. Location is convenient and rooms were fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2011

On a recent trip south, we travel and then stop and stay overnight at a hotel when we get tired. Since we don't like surprises, we always look for a Hampton Inn. Its not the cheapest in town, but so far, everyone we have stayed in has lived up to the quality and service we expected. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, free wifi, free breakfast, quiet room, pleasant staff. Just what we need after a long day of traveling.
Free coffee and cookies when we want them is always a plus
I will ding them on the powdered eggs in the breakfast, but I am more of a sausage and waffle man myself.
If you are expecting a five star hotel - this is not what a Hampton Inn is all about. It gets all the basics right for us when we are traveling.
Its usually just me and my wife, and sometimes friends. We don't stay for more than a night or two at most, but it certainly fits the bill for us.
As I said above, this hotel does live up to the Hampton Inn standard, and being right off 81 on our travel was obviously convenient.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple