“Good Night..”

Ranked #30 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Westminster, Maryland
“Good Night..”
Reviewed October 15, 2008

Booked a King room at this hotel "sight unseen" and was not disappointed. On check-in, polite desk clerk informed us that a soccer team was on the premises and asked that we call if there were any noise issues. Thankfully, there were not.

We were given a spacious ground floor room with king bed, wi-fi, refrigerator/freezer (bigger then the "dorm room" variety), nice bathroom with shower stall AND tub/shower.

While certainly not a 5 star, the room was clean, everything worked & the bed was comfortable. All for a budget price.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We were allocated a very spacious ground floor corner room complete with a separate shower and bath. Unfortunately the room was quite dreary and needed brightening up. A particular dislike was the wall paper repairs, done with a stapler. (Whilst this may be a quick solution to get a room back into service, after damage arising from an inconsiderate guest, it should only be used in short term. Proper repairs should be undertaken in the ensuing weeks rather than left indefinitely). The other issue we had was that the room backed onto the plant room and we were disturbed at night by the sound of a tank valve constantly opening and shutting. However the impact of this was considerably lessened by closing the internal door. Good restaurants within a short car hop. The side road approaches to and from the hotel is not the easiest of layouts, but once mastered is no trouble. Rooms to the rear of the hotel had a dismal view. Breakfast was adequate and the Lobby, whilst located in the middle of the hotel, is not best placed for managing security, with the highway entrance and exit both at one end. This hotels management should be aiming higher

• Liked — Not too far from Blue Ridge Parkway (2 miles)
  • Disliked — The noise emanating from the plant room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2008

My daughter graduated college and I needed a place to stay. The hotel had room for us (which I was surprised because it was graduation season in a college town). I had to change my reservation with short notice and add on another day, which they were able to do. (again to my surprise)

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was nice. (contrary to other reports)

It is what it is... a small, budget place to crash. If you want mints on your pillow, go somewhere else.

Complaint: the smell of the steak house next door made us hungry all the time. (the food there sort of sucks a little) It does smell faaabulous though.

• Liked — Location, clean and comfy, FREE WIFI, nice staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Worst hotel I ever stayed in. The comode supply line burst at 2:15 in the morning flooding the rear of the room. My wife woke me when she heard the water gushing and I turned the valve off. The hotel response was to offer me a mop and towels to clean up the flood, no one could leave the desk area. When I went down to get the mop and towels I told the clerk that I would need a functioning bathroom to use in the morning. I was told the manager probably wouldn't approve of opening up another room in the morning just to use the bathroom. I had to demand a nonflooded room with a working bath at 2:30 in the morning. No apologies or compensation were ever offered for being awakened in the middle of the night by their flood even though they hang that "100% Satisfaction Guarantee" sign above the lobby desk. The next morning they would not call the manager because it was too early. (8:30 AM) Calls to Choice Hotels have been worthless. They tell me it's an independent hotel and there is nothing they can do. I still can't believe their attitude and the fact that I wasn't even offered an apology. So if you like wet clothes and rude people, this is the place to stay.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The Flooded room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Roanoke hotels

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 8, 2008

My father-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, husband, and I stayed one night here during a trip from Oklahoma. We (dh and I) are 28 and 24. We checked in around 8 pm. Our first concern was that the motel is right off the highway. We were hoping for rooms around the back, but didn't request them. We were placed in 103 and 204, on the front side. As we settled in, my husband discovered our air conditioning unit didn't work. He went to the front desk and they moved us from 204 to 207. The air conditioning unit in this room worked fine. We never noticed any noise from the highway. The room was acceptable, nothing fancy. It was clean, as far as motel standards go. The beds were quite uncomfortable, a little too hard. Both myself (24) and my father-in-law (60) complained of back pain the following day. I'm quite germophobic, and in my book, it was okay (granted, I sprayed the bed with Lysol and we walked around in flip-flops!). I'd be willing to stay there again.

• Liked — It was a place to sleep
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2007

I stayed at this hotel over Labor Day weekend with my children. The entire experience was beyond disappointing. I booked my room online with Orbitz & used my check card to do so. The charge came out immediatly. Upon check-in the ("new manager") charged my card again causing my account to be overdrawn & when I spoke to them about this the only reply I received was.. "well, shes new..". I explained that this was causing me problems on my vacation & in general & that if I incurred any overdraft charges that I felt they should take care of that as well. The response I got was" thats not our problem, it's a chance you take when using a debit card"... I am still trying to straighten this out with my bank & little to NO cooperation from them! Also.. the internet that they advertise as having is "broke", the "workout room" consists of a treadmill, a stationary bike & stair stepper. of which only the treadmill works.. the rest is "broke".. There was no place to sit outside the rooms & they were very unhelpful with directions to attractions, shopping, etc. I would NEVER stay in this hotel again & would not recommend to anyone.. For those who choose to stay BEWARE of using your debit card... It's not "their problem"... !!

• Liked — Location.. near my friend work & home
  • Disliked — The staff, lack of pool, gym, internet & the lack of caring by the staff
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2007

The Quality Inn was everything I expected - a roof over our heads, clean enough, no frills. You get what you pay for, and I am fine with that. This hotel is ok.

The main issue we did have was the noise. Our room was on the first floor a few feet away from the lobby, near the stairs, and facing the parking lot and main road. People would hang out well past midnight talking outside. You could hear the cars and trucks at all hours. On the morning of our departure, we were awakened by what had to be a Harley - naturally loud - starting, idling, stopping. Starting. Stopping. Starting. Idling. This went on for at least 15 minutes. It was SO loud and so frustrating when we were trying to sleep in after being kept up by the rest of the noise.

The room was a non-smoking room, but if you are sensitive to smells, you can probably guess that it was either once a smoking room or people smoked in there anyway. I could be wrong, but there was definitely an unpleasant odor.

The towels and sheets could probably also use some updating. When towels that were obviously once white are beige/yellow, they just need to be replaced.

Like I stated, though, you get what you pay for. It was Memorial Day weekend and some of the nicer hotels in Roanoke were pricing at just under $200/night for starters. It all just depends on where your priorities are.

• Liked — Affordable
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family