“Had No Choice” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Cheraw, SC
“Had No Choice”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2007

Believe the reviews. This was the WORST hotel we have ever stayed in. Weekend of Virginia Tech game, soccer tournament, and something else I can't remember. This was only hotel left in Roanoke that was not priced way way over what a room should be. We had a second floor room and the elevator sounded like it wasn't going to make it. FIrst of all we were in the back of the hotel and scared that we would not even make it to our room, second - ceiling in bathroom had a big hole in it, third - a roach crawled across the wall, fourth - one of the pillows looked like someone had slept on it and pillowcase not washed, fifth - some type of opening in wall (we thought maybe it was a trap door to somewhere). We pushed table and chairs up against door for security. We spept ok, only because we were so so tired from driving 5 hours in the pouring down rain. We left as soon as we got up the next morning. This hotel gives Ramada a very very bad name. Last of all - no surprise I am sure - the hotel is not owned by Americans (but the staff was very nice).

• Tips/Secrets — Stay Away
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BravesLover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tidewater Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2006

This hotel sure lowered my impression of Ramada Inns! The location is very depressed, and the hotel is run down at best. The "RIVER'S EDGE" is a drainage ditch, that separates the lobby building from the dingy, dirty exterior corridor motel.

We arrived to check in, and were alarmed by the condition of the entire property. We asked to see the room before we checked in. The king bedded room we saw was freshly "cleaned". However, the carpet was stained, the bed spread needed washing or replacing, as did the mattress and pillows. The heating/air conditioning unit under the window had been replaced, and the carpet did not reach it anymore. The room had an odor.

I would not recommend this property to my worst enemy.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank Tvlprofessional
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2006

We have always been pleased with stays at Ramada Inns before. However, our recent stay at this Ramada on 9/30/06 proved to be a disaster. We checked in Saturday afternoon expecting a pleasant stay and respectable service. However, we ended up with neither. The room was clean and comfortable; however, the problem was what (or who) was outside of the room. We planned to go to bed around 11:00 pm, but there was a lot of noise going on in the room beside us. When the noise had not quieted down by midnight, I dialed 0 for the front desk. The desk clerk said that there was a party there that was scheduled to end at 2 AM. I told her that we and other people in nearby rooms needed quiet so we could sleep. The noise continued, and I heard people talking and laughing right outside our hotel room and door, and I called the front desk again and explained this. I got the same non-response when I called again the second time. She said again that there was a party going on until 2:00 AM. Well, just before 3:00 AM, I heard shouting out in the parking lot. I knew that it would do no good to call the front desk again. Finally, at 4:00 AM, things quieted down enough so we could finally sleep. The breakfast bar would have been nice, but we decided that some sleep would be more important. I wanted to talk to the manager about this, but no one was at the desk when we checked out just after 10:00 AM, so I left the room key there and promised that we would NEVER stay there again. In short, if you like to party into the wee hours of the morning with no regard to anyone else, then this is your motel. But if like us, you expect decent service and peace and quiet for a good night's sleep, stay somewhere else. I know next time we go to Roanoke, we will!!!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank rw235
dc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2006

I made a reservation for a room when I realized I could not make it home from work in the snow. Upon arrival my reservation was not in the computer. The room I was assigned to WAS OCCUPIED!!!! When I made my way back to the front desk to inforn them of this I was asked "are you sure? Did you see anyone?" I explained that the drapes were open and I saw several people laying on the bed. Are the clerk rang the room and yelled at the occupants for over staying their reservation, I was issued another room. They did apologise, but that was it. The room had a fridge and microwave and a sleepable bed, but that was it. It was gloomy and depressing, but I just needed a place to sleep and I got that. I was given a discount for being an employee of the local hospital. There are better places to stay in Roanoke.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank just4me
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Colony House Motor Lodge
Colony House Motor Lodge
#20 of 40 in Roanoke
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

Been to Ramada Roanoke? Share your experiences!