“Good Overniter while travelling.”
Review of Ramada Roanoke

Ramada Roanoke
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Stayed overnite enroute south, and found it to be clean, comfortable, and a good value for the price. Continental breakfast was more than adequate.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2009

water views are usually welcome sites but in the case of this motel it brought unwelcome consequences. We were awoken by a phone call some time after midnight telling us to move our car as it may be in a flood area. Then came the knock on the door saying we were being evacuated to higher ground as the water was quickly rising in the flood gate.
Groggily we packed our stuff and followed in a daze (in our nighties) the staff who gave us a room on the third floor. The sound of rushing water (and yawns) followed us into the night.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EastCoastTravelLover
Reviewed August 15, 2009

I was very concerned after I'd read some of the reviews. Room #112 was clean, comfortable, with a fidge & microwave. Didn't see any evidence of bugs. Shower had great water pressure. Booked thru Hotwire & received a great value for the money. All the employees we encountered were couteous and gracious. I would stay again if I get back to Roanoke.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I could not believe this hotel was a Ramada!! I have stayed at several Ramada Inn's in my travels throughout the world, usually because they are at least one step up from too thrifty if you know what I mean. My husband and I were travelling by motorcycle along the Blue Ridge Parkway and found several other great, inexpensive hotels along the way to stay at, but this one just didn't cut it.

This one was border line dumpy.....old and outdated, dark and dank bathroom area. The bed was was big enough, but the headboard was falling off the back of it....I am sure our neighbours thought there was some fun stuff happening next door everytime we sat on it.....it banged off the wall! The carpet was not bare feet material.....bring your indoor shoes for this tangy smelling villa. The room was big enough, but the fixtures were all old and wearing down. Chips, dents, broken, frayed, torn.....it's time for a room update folks! I am pretty positive that at one time, perhaps back in 1982 it looked and smelled ok here....and from the fake rose petals we found on the floor by the bed....someone, at some point tried to make this room romantic. Yikes!

The one gentleman on the front desk when we checked in couldn't have been more cheerful and helpful...but the gal the next morning looked and acted like she might have stayed there overnight.....not a morning person perhaps. The free continental breakfast was ok.....nothing special. Cereals, yogurts, donuts, muffins, juices.....great for kids I suppose.

Finding this hotel was really difficult....we saw a sign from the interstate we were on, and it said 3 miles in.....we must have travelled at least 6 or 8 all over the map before finally finding it. This Ramada is not in the best of spots.....not a very nice area of town. You need to travel to the nearest mall for restaurants, and if you are a non-smoker do not venture in to "Awful Arthur's Seafood".....we walked in to eat and felt like we just smoked a pack of cigarettes, so we walked right back out again. It smelled truly "awful in arthurs".

I would not go back to this hotel unless they upgraded their rooms and put in new fixtures..... even then, I would be hard pressed to stay in that area of town again too....it was one step up from a dump to be sure!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PipCheedwell
Reviewed June 11, 2009

We booked last minute and I did not read any reviews, what a huge mistake! I new I made a mistake when a Police helicopter circled overhead, and the Rivers edge is a storm drain, Dirty Dirty Dirty. The room was filthy, there was a brown stain that was oozing down the wall. When I complained to the staff I was told I had a good room. STAY Away.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank 1_Picky_Customer
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Had to move to another room second night because of bed bug bites. Yes i did my home work as to what the bites look like.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank troubledVirginia
Reviewed July 7, 2008

first of all, don't believe the pictures on their website. just imagine all the white surfaces stained with nasty black mold. This is the nastiest hotel i have stayed in EVER! We were even scared to sleep on the bed AND step on the floor in there. I can't believe the city even let's this hotel stay open. Those pictures were taken the first day that hotel was built and doesn't look nothing like that now. If you stay somewhere like that you might as well stay at a Motel 8 and get if for cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank tty21