“worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
va
“worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

first of all, don't believe the pictures on their website. just imagine all the white surfaces stained with nasty black mold. This is the nastiest hotel i have stayed in EVER! We were even scared to sleep on the bed AND step on the floor in there. I can't believe the city even let's this hotel stay open. Those pictures were taken the first day that hotel was built and doesn't look nothing like that now. If you stay somewhere like that you might as well stay at a Motel 8 and get if for cheaper.

• Liked — nothing, it was dirty
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank tty21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2008

No reservation, just used a Interstate Guide and arrived to a run down, smelly room. Garbage still in the pail in the room. Musty smell. Stained carpets and ceilings. Totally unexpected from a Ramada named hotel. Obvious rentals to short term transients. front desk clerk polite and refunded our money without any problem at all but again I would not recommend this hotel as it falls far below the standard of the usual Ramada Inn.

Stayed May 2008
2 Thank lormar53
Johnson City, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2008

We booked 2 nights for a trip we were taking up through the Blue Ridge Parkway. We wanted to stay 2 days and then head back. We we arrived the room we were promised, which was supposed to be close to the elevator, which it wasn't , was not even ready. It was supposed to nonsmoking and the previous guests had smoked and drank plenty. The elevator and back partking lot looked like crack alley. I mean, it was scary. When we saw the room, we absolutely refused to stay. The beds were like pancakes and the rooms were old and dirty. I really would be scared to stay here. I will say the staff did not charge us and we got in our car and went to the Holiday Inn. Which looked like a palace after being at this hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything, flithy and scary
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank shermccormick
Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2007

We just arrived, coudn't find anything else in town, they wouldn't honour their own coupons, but we decided to stay anyway. I echo the other reviewers - it's filthy - corridors, lifts, rooms (even the walls of the rooms) do not stay here if you have a choice...

• Liked — easy to find
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SMENG
Richmond, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2007

I had to stay in Roanoke at the last minute for business. Unfortunately it was a Virginia Tech football weekend and there was little space available in the area. I booked using Hotwire and hoped for the best when Ramada popped up as my hotel.

The first room I received had something all over the carpet. Lights in the room barely worked. While my room was non-smoking, people on either side of me were smoking on the balcony so that smoke was coming into the room. I immediately asked for another room, which had a cleaner carpet, but one wall had rotted away from the floor. Light fixtures were clinging to the walls by wires. I had arrived at midnight, and began calling every hotel in the yellow pages to no avail. The bathroom was clean and was the room's only quality worth noting.

I could not recommed this Ramada to anyone. Oh, and the elevator I rode to my floor reeked of urine.

• Liked — Check out
  • Disliked — Filth
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank merestead
Mount Vernon, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2007

I booked this hotel so that we didn't have to drive the whole 12 to 13 hours straight from the Outer Banks on our way home to Ohio. When we drove up the "neighbors" we're out on the "veranda" sipppin moon shine. My husband turned to me and said "you go nowhere without me!"
This hotel was dirty and run down. It's only redeeming quality was the bed. At least it was comfortable and actually the mattress looked new. We were just happy to have somewhere to lay our heads and get some rest before getting up and driving another 6 hours. I also chose this hotel because they accepted pets. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. This place really gives Ramada a bad name.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank lyrehcsong
Harrisonburg VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2007

When I went into the filthy oil stained elevator I should of RAN!!!
It was all to horrible , There were so many problems that I told
the front desk I was leaving and wasn't charged for the room. I made the choice NOT to stay please do the same

• Liked — There was nothing to like except the first desk clerk was a very nice man
  • Disliked — Everything!!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TellAllInVA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Motel 6 Roanoke
Motel 6 Roanoke
#22 of 40 in Roanoke
No photo provided

Been to Ramada Roanoke? Share your experiences!