“The staff was great.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Hertford, North Carolina
“The staff was great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I guess for the price and the name I expected more. I have never stayed at a Hyatt before it was my first time. The food was good for breakfast. The lay-out of the main lobby is great.
One of the elevators broke down and sense it was a holiday week end one elevator was very busy. My husband was taking a shower and I noticed the water was running all over the floor. The shower head is very powerful but the curtain does not stop the water from running over the side of the tub. I used three towels to soak it up. The pool even though it was inside the water was cold so we did not bother to go in. Parking at this location was very limited in the front of the building but there was extra at the end of the building but no information was outside to let you know there was additional parking. The bed was great the lay out of the room was nice.
Our room was on the 3erd floor right next to the elevator. It was noisy. Apparently you can hear the elevator going up and down when it is quiet. The view out our window would have been wonderful if the tree was not so high it covered the Mountain View. I like it when people take close attention to all details.
The staff was very polite and very personable.

Room Tip: I think that you could find as great a deal for less the price. I would definatly get a room away...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Todd R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I would like to apologize for your stay being so unsatisfying. We do appreciate all the feedback with the issues you had with the shower and the tree blocking your view of the mountains. We have fixed our elevator and apologize for the inconvenience when it was down. In addition I would like to thank you for the positive feedback regarding our staff, breakfast, layout of the lobby and how comfortable our beds are. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to rectify the issues that you encountered.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Oxford, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I travel almost every week. At a certain point this gets very old. But, once a month I have to journey over to Roanoke Va.for 3 or 4 days. New to the area,I didn't know much about it. Someone asked where I was staying and he said I should check out Hyatt Place.. I did. That was 3 years ago. I haven't stayed anywhere else since then. Everything is perfect for me. I feel safe. It's the perfect location. And every employee goes out of their way to make it feel like home. And you know what? I look forward to it!

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor in the fall. The view is beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Misterduke1
Thank you so much for your extended loyalty going on 3 years now. It is so satisfying to all of our staff to serve long term guests such as you. We do our best to ensure your exact words "feels like home" with all of our guests. I hope to see you soon in the coming weeks!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went there for a wedding. I was very happy to see that the rooms are very clean, Staff was excellant. They made us feel very welcomed. Breakfast was excellant and plenty of items to choose from. If we ever go back we will for sure stay here. Price was fair. Pool was very clean. We stayed an extra night. Everyone was super from Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintance engineer. Very please with everything. Out side was a great place to sit by the fountain.

Becky Dudek and family

Room Tip: There was 3 of us we got a room with 2 double beds. work great. we even had a sofa in the room. Our...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Becky D
We are so happy that you came to Hyatt Place for your travel needs during such a special event. We have a great staff here and I assure you I will pass your kind words on to the team. It is our goal to have every need meet in your stay and we are happy that your family was able to enjoy the pool, breakfast and that the room was suitable for your sleeping needs with 3 guest. We can't wait to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to Roanoke.
Damariscotta, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

This facility has the appearance of being brand new. It was a little tricky to locate because it is in/behind a large business park. I trusted my GPS and it lead us right in. There are a number of family restaurants in walking distance. The creative layout of the room was new to us and we liked it a lot. The room was clean, comfortable and (5th floor) had a wonderful view. Breakfat, in the (again) creatively designed lobby, was good and ample. A good dollar value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dick40586
Thank goodness for GPS!!! Our parking lot can be a little tricky with being so close to the mall and all the restaurants located so close by. We appreciate all the details that you noticed and the creativity that Hyatt has put into our brand. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Roanoke.
Tazewell, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Wow! I've never stayed anywhere quite this expensive. I was in the area to take my nursing boards & decided to treat myself & friends to a nice place. We were amazed at this place. Everything was great. Beautiful place. Rooms were cozy & clean. Breakfast was just right & the pool was clean. This hotel even SMELLED fabulous. That was my favorite thing!! Staff was super friendly. I will stay here again when I'm in the area!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Staceyrenee23
Thank you for the kind feedback. We are so happy that you were able to "treat" yourself to the Hyatt experience and you were able to enjoy many of our amenities such as the complimentary breakfast and our pool! It is my hope that we were able to take some of the stress away during such an important time taking the nursing board! We hope that you aced it and wish you all the best in your career. Please keep us in mind with your future travel to Roanoke.
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

If you travel very much you probably already know that each Hyatt Place is virtually identical to every other one. This is true from the lobby layout to the pictures in your room. So I suspect you either like them or don't. My expectations are not high so I took a sure thing. The remarkable difference at check-out is worth noting. Although I stayed at the Hyatt, I was in Roanoke for a conference at another hotel. I arranged for a taxi, but at checkout they offered to take me to the other property in their airport van! Customer service beyond my expectations.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kirbyk
I am happy to hear that as a brand we show consistency where ever you may travel in the country. In addition I am very excited that we had one thing that stood apart with our customer service offering to shuttle you to the conference you were attending and going above your expectations. It is my hope that memories such as this will keep you coming back every time you need to travel to Roanoke.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Not a very good experience at this hotel. It was awkward to get into the hotel. Missed the turn a couple of times. Once I got into the hotel and checked in, I could not get into my room. The key would unlock the door but when you would turn the handle, it would not open. Had to lug all my luggage back downstairs to tell the front desk and all he did was "reprogram" my key and was instructed to jiggle the handle to open it. After 5 mins, I finally got into my room. Don't understand why I wasn't given a different room. The room it's self did not look or feel clean. Carpet looked stained and was fraying around the edges. The air vents on the A/C and ceiling were covered in dust. The staff was acceptable but didn't wow me.

On the positive side, the breakfast was really good. Might be the best I've had in a hotel buffet. The lobby and common area is nice and welcoming.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I want to apologize for the frustrations that we caused during your trip to Roanoke. The items mentioned are totally unacceptable and I can assure you they are being address for guest safety and comfortably. Comments such as yours continue to assist us improving our service and quality every day. It is my hope that you will contact me directly to help restore your faith not only in my hotel but all Hyatt's. If you find the need to travel to Roanoke again please do not hesitate to call me so I can ensure a perfect stay.