“Everything that you need and want”

Hyatt Place Roanoke
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The staff was very courteous. The one of desk clerk drove the shuttle to get us from the airport. It is a very nice van with comfortable seating. She gave us an overview of where the shuttle would take us. The room has no wasted space-ladies three mirrors in the vanity area and one over the kitchen sink. Lol. The room has a couch with a large ottoman for seating or resting your legs. There is a large desk and a 42 inch (maybe) with connections to display for a laptop, cell phone, etc. The bed is very comfortable with different types of pillows. The room has a refrigerator. The bathing area is small. The vanity area is separate. the room has double curtains to darken it. The ahe/heat unit worked. I used the business center. the Internet connection was slow (had to print and the staff allowed me to print several pages). The room has free wireless access.

The swimming pool was an indoor heated pool. I couldn't smell the chlorine until I hung my swimmer to dry-that impressed me!! There are towels available at the pool. The breakfast buffet had fresh fruit, oatmeal, hot sandwiches, juices, milk, yogurt, cereal, French toast...everything. There is a small bar that serves different kinds of beers and wines. You are able to order hot food too. the lobby seating area is decorated with warm colors. The seats are comfortable. I was going to stay at aother hotel in the area. It was worth changing my mind. I walked to the mall and area restaurants like TGI Friday, Olive Garden, etc. I went downtown and am glad that I stayed in this area. There is much more to do. if gout are caught between that decision, pick ahe Valley View area. Remember that the shuttle will take you. If you have family there, then you won't need a shuttle. Now that you have the information, the decisionn making, process should be much easier. Good luck.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Tigress1023
Libby C, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

What a GREAT review! Thanks for taking your time to share your experience & what all our hotel has to offer. It is in a perfect location; close enough to walk to Valley View Mall, restaurants, & shuttle service to downtown area.

You hit on every point that sets us apart from the other hotels; Hyatt Place Roanoke is the best choice while working or visiting in Roanoke.

We hope that you will stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to our area.

All the best!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Place 2/08/13
expecting it to be pleasurable, was looking forward to it actually,,
Room was nice , fairly clean,
there was NO microwave in room,
Pillows were flat over used,not at all correctable
No complimentary tea or even a pack of instant hot chocolate mix, NOTHING
they wanted us to buy it,, REALLY ?? what happen to guest service, doupt they ever heard of that before,,
Our Stay at the ,Holiday Inn Express was a much better experience with folks that actually care about our comfort and not the all mighty dollar,,

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DreammakerMktg
Libby C, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We apologize for your unfavorable experience at our hotel last weekend.

We have a microwave in our lobby area for any guest to use; we do not have them in our guestrooms due to the lingering food smells that tend to stay after the guest departs.

The Hyatt standard is to have tea & coffee in the guest rooms; we also offer this in our bar area for a charge as you discovered.

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were coming in town to attend a volleyball tournament that my daughter was playing in. The rooms were very clean and had lots of space. The breakfast was good but there could have been a little more variety. The indoor pool area was spacious and clean as well. I would not think twice about staying there again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SBKimmel
Libby C, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thanks for taking your time to review our hotel. Our breakfast offerings are according to Hyatt's standards for the Hyatt Place hotels; every year they change it up a bit based on feedback from our guests.

Make your plans to stay with us if your travels or sports schedule brings you back to the Roanoke area.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've stayed in Hyatt Place hotels in California and Florida. Stayed in this one driving south along the east coast and again on the northward journey.

What we like about Hyatt Place in general: large room with two comfy beds and a fold-out couch, good wifi, nice breakfast included, prices very reasonable
What we dislike about Hyatt Place in general: the bathroom (toilet and tub/shower) is TINY. Sink is outside.
What we like about this particular Hyatt Place: convenient location not far off the interstate, staff were pleasant and efficient

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking your time to review our hotel; it is a great product & we are in a wonderful location for travelers needing a 1/2 way point from FL/GA to the New England area.

Plan to come back to see us on your next trip!!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Picked this hotel after having to stay an extra night on the road. It was originally a little more than what I wanted to spend but it had dropped in price prior to booking. I have stayed at many Hyatt Places in my travels and do quite a few repeat visits in some cities. Where to begin? Reserved a King room but they only had one available on the very top floor with shoddy internet connection or a room next to an elevator (profile states no elevator or ice machine) Kudos to the front desk guy for letting me know so I switched to a room with 2 doubles. I went out and grabbed some sushi and came back to my room and watched a little tv I was watching a channel that the volume wasn't great so I had to turn it up when I went to put it down the down volume wouldn't work no big deal I got up and manually turned it down. I then proceeded to try to get on the internet and had no luck so I called the front desk and they had support call me right up and got it working (My computer would not redirect to their browser for sign in which has never happened) Went to shower in the AM the water pressure was awesome but the shower was luke warm at best. I needed to be on the road so I didn't even bother complaining. Supposedly the Hyatt Places have rolled out a new breakfast with sandwiches and waffles and the like (at least that's what they had advertised in the hotel elevator) Unfortunately this hotel must not have got the memo. At every Hyatt I have stayed at the fruit selection is usually halfway decent in the am with bananas, oranges the green apples. This place had only green apples. When I left I went to check out They always have green apples in a basket. I went to grab one and they all had soft spots. I don't mean to pick on this place but for a Hyatt that usually rates high standards this hotel was a disappointment. If I wanted this kind of experience I could have stayed at a lower level chain.

Room Tip: Don't stay until they bring their standards up
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 2muchtraveling
Libby C, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

OH MY!
We apologize for the speed bumps you encountered while staying at our hotel. From your review it looks like we corrected a few of the issues while you were here but there were other things that were not up to the Hyatt Place standard.

Your review will be shared with our management team to let them know what you encountered.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed there to catch an early morning flight. We requested a 3:45 am wake up. The wake up came at 1 am. I interrupted conversation at the front desk when I called to say we needed a awake up at 3:45 not the 1 AM we got. We got the 3:45 wake up (we were awake anyway--couldn't go back to sleep). Checking with the airline, I learned our flight had been cancelled. My fiance called the front desk to cancel the taxi pickup. On the second call, he counted 56 rings. He went to the front desk--NO ONE WAS THERE. He searched the first floor and found kitchen staff preparing breakfast (4:15 ish). One of the kitchen ladies accompanied him to the front desk and then she went out the front door..................we assume to find hotel staff. She did not return after a minute or two. We went down for breakfast at 6 am and saw only kitchen staff. The first signs of life for front desk staff was around 6:45. We left on the airport shuttle shortly before 7 never seeing anyone to tell that NO ONE WAS MINDING THE STORE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. ANYTHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED.
Service is great during normal hours.........................thank God there were no emergencies when everyone was sleeping. This was our third stay here and we never had a problem, but then we have never been up in the middle of the night before. We will stay elsewhere when we have flights in/out of Roanoke.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience; we apologize that we did not deliver the standard of service that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Staying here for the first time and have enjoyed the staff, breakfast and pillows! My family and I are here to spend time together in the mountains. The beds and rooms are nice. The pool is fabulous especially for grade schoolers...cool temperature but a pool in the winter is great no matter what! The breakfast staff got the dishes restocked and kept the coffee and juice flowing. Well worth the price and the location is superb next to highway for easy drives to anywhere you wish to go.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Libby C, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

What a GREAT review! It is always nice to hear how much a family enjoys their time together while staying at our hotel.

Please keep us in mind for any future needs you may have; we would love to have you return.