“Awesome hotel!”

Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Virginia
“Awesome hotel!”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Booked this room for $103 per night and all I can say is wow! Very high end hotel, would expect to pay much more for the quality of the rooms. They have a self checkin kiosk which is very nice. Lobby is modern and gives a great first impression upon walking in. I booked a double room. Room is huge and has a sectional couch that folds out into a bed. Huge, at least 40 inch flat screen tv. The double beds do feel a little small, but I'm used to a king bed at home so I suppose that's why. Good linens, pillow top mattresses, lots of pillows. Very comfy bed, slept great. Room has a wet bar, fridge, and desk. Bathroom sink is separate from shower and toilet. Room is very modern and updated. One of the nicest if not the nicest room I've ever stayed in. Indoor pool is very nice. Pool is pretty big, I should have taken a picture, I don't believe there are any in their website, but it's nice. Breakfast was ok, cereals, bagels, fresh fruit. Nothing fancy but adequate. Staff is very nice. Everything is clean. My only complaint is that I wish they had a self laundry facility. This place is fabulous, you definitely won't go wrong staying here! A++++++

• Stayed August 2011
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you for the glowing review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us; we strive to deliver a great product on a daily basis. It is always refreshing to hear that our staff is hitting their mark of outstanding customer service.

We hope that you will keep us in mind for the next time you are in the Roanoke area!

We appreciate your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt during a recent high school reunion. The hotel is located at the back of shops, restaurants and the mall. I was greeted warmly when I arrived. Check in was quick, efficient and personal. My room was very nice. I had a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds. I loved the layout of the room with the "wet bar" (refrigerator, sink and coffee maker) on my immediate left when I walked into the room. A desk was also located in this area. A sofa and ottoman (nice touch, by the way) was to my right. The beds, dressing area, sink and bathroom were at the back of the room. My only semi-complaint was the floor unit for the air conditioning. Although relatively quiet and very efficient, the cycling of the fan during the night kept me awake as I am a light sleeper. I eventually turned the fan on, and hence the AC off, which worked well. The hotel was quiet and peaceful. The gym area had a couple of treadmills and an elliptical machine. The pool area looked nice and several families were swimming, but I didn't have time to join them. Overall, this was a most enjoyable stay at an excellent hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We think Hyatt did a great job when designing the guestrooms; they did not miss any opportunity to make it as comfortable as possible. And our location is perfect for anything you would want to do while visiting the Roanoke area.

The individual air conditioning/heating units in each room does give the guest the opportunity of controlling the settings which is a plus for most travelers. We are all used to central air that doesn't have the noise when the cycles change. I apologize for the interruption this caused in your sleep; I am pleased you found a solution that worked.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to the Roanoke area.

We appreciate your business!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our first night of our trip across country. We were greeted warmly at check-in. Our room was nice and clean and the bed was extra comfortable. The TV is huge and we had a decent continental breakfast the next morning (there are hot items available for purchase).

We really enjoyed our stay here since it is so close to the mall and other stores. It was a great jumping off place in the morning for our next destination. I had a wonderful night of sleep here and great service. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Check for discount rates on their site. We got a good military rate
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel; what a great way to start your cross country adventure!

We love to hear from guests after they experience our hotel & the beds. We have had guests that were so comfortable in bed they had to force themselves to get up or risk missing a meeting.

Keep us in mind incase your travels bring you back to the Roanoke area. By the way we do offer the government rate to government employees & those on military duty.

Enjoy your trip!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We were driving the Blue Ridge Parkway and went further than planned because it was such a beautiful day. We had to make our stopover in Roanoke for the night and took Exit 3E for a hotel. By coincidence we got the last room in this Hyatt and it was really wonderful!

The rooms are modern, super clean, comfortable and have all the modern amenities - granite counters, sofa, big screen TV. It was like a very nice suite. The lobby is very attractive and food choices for a quick snack were very nice. They even had Lemon Bars! Continental breakfast was included and you had the option of having it on very nice china. Loved the mix of people staying here, families, business people and bikers on road trips. There is a nice pool and the choices for what to do around here were huge -- mall, movies and lots of nice chain restaurants.

Overall a nice surprise -- back in suburban life after the amazing Blue Ridge but super comfy.

Super Value!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
We are so lucky to have the Blue Ridge Parkway so close to Roanoke; our hotel is the perfect stop & it has a lot to offer our guests. Thank you for discovering the Hyatt Place Roanoke & for taking the time to write a glowing review.

Please keep us in mind for any futire trips you might have in the Roanoke Valley area & recommend us to your friends/business associates.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We were driving through Virginia, it was late, we were hungry and we wanted to stay the night and not pay a fortune. We got way more than we could have hoPed for! This place under $100 a night for a huge room, king size bed, super modern and immaculate! It was right next to about a dozen restaurants and the hotel also offers 24 hour food/snacks. They also give you free continental breakfast although it was basically just bread, cereal and coffee nothing fancy. They had other breakfast items you could pay for if you wanted. All in all a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review of our property! I hope that you will keep us in mind for any future trips you might have into the Roanoke area.

Our hotel is in the best location of all of the mall/airport hotels; 4 restaurants within walking distance & 30 more within a 1/2 mile radius. And we have food available 24 hours a day.

Come back to see us!
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Our room was inexpensive, clean, comfortable, and large. Their express check-in had us in and out in a flash! Great hotel. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2011
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed staying with us! We hope that you will return the next time you are in the Roanoke area.

We appreciate your business & for taking the time to post a review.

Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Stayed here only for 1 night and it was sooooo much nicer and cleaner than the Best Western next door where we usually stay when we go to Roanoke. Was definately worth the extra 20.00 to stay there.The room was spacious and very clean. The check-in staff was friendly and helpful and the lobby area was beautiful and immaculate. When we went to our room housekeeping was on our floor and we were greeted by both the women cleaning the rooms and the manager. It was very quiet on our floor even though there was baseball teams staying there so the hotel was busy. Loved the fact that the entire hotel is non-smoking rooms. The only negative comments I could make are that the a/c unit was alittle noisy, the indoor heated pool was kind of chilly for a swim in the evening and I wish the bedroom area was alittle larger and had 2 queen beds instead of doubles. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will stay there again when our travels take us to Roanoke.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
We are pleased that you stayed with us in June & actually compared us to the Best Western next door to us; seeing is believing & there is a difference between the 2 hotels.

The temperature of the indoor pool is measured 3-4 times daily to keep it within the Hyatt standards; I am sorry that it felt a little chilly for your evening swim.

In the new Hyatt Place hotels they are using 2 queen beds instead of the 2 double beds; I hope Hyatt will convert to 2 queens when the mattresses are replaced providing there is room in the bedroom area.

We appreciate your business & hope that you will return the next time your travels bring you to the Roanoke area.