“always enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Culpeper, Virginia
“always enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Always have a good time when staying at this hotel. Staff friendly and helpful. Stay here for Mysticon each year, but was unfortunately sold out this year. Will reserve earlier for next year. Clean and comfortable rooms.

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Goodview, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stay at this hotel once a year for a convention. Every year the service is unparallelled. The hotel fills to capacity for this event but the staff never loses their smiles and their gracious hospitality always shines through. Tammy Lee, Rohan, Dalia, Samantha, Robert and Ami are superstars and I hope the Holiday Inn never loses them!

Room Tip: I haven't found a bad room yet!
Wytheville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had the joy of spending 3 days at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood during Mysticon 2014. We weren't able to book our room in this hotel, but we were there from 9 AM until approximately 2 AM each night. The front registration was very friendly and welcoming, even though we weren't overnight "guests". Because of the chance you could lose your parking space, we ate in the lobby restaurant and I want to say, our entire group (Reeking Havok) was VERY impressed with the service and the food. The wait staff was friendly, even remembering what we had ordered previously and welcoming us back each time... . The food was delicious (OMG, not processed.. REAL food, served with a smile!) and VERY affordable. Preparation time was quick, so we could get back to our vendor booth, and very attentive with refills. Thank you for making that part of the trip very enjoyable. Next year we will book our overnight before it reaches capacity!

1 Thank Reeking_Havok
Bluefield, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We just spent a weekend at the Holiday Inn Roanoke, Tanglewood for the fourth year in a row and the staff now feels like family. Walking into a hotel you have not been in for a year and having staff remember your name and comment on your profession is very welcoming.

Glenford and Matthew made each meal and trip to the bar a special event. Dalia was incredibly helpful and patient behind the front desk and Rohan made us feel like family. I cannot recommend anyplace else I have stayed as highly as I can this particular locale.

Anyplace can offer a bed and a room key, the staff at this hotel makes all the difference. You will not leave disappointed! :D

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I cannot recommend the Holiday Inn at Tanglewood enough! I'm here for Mysticon and it has been amazing. The hotel has solved so many issues and has been nothing but helpful and polite. Rohan and his staff are consummate professionals. Definitely come here for a great stay!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed there for a night this weekend while I was there for a bridal show. I have very little negative to say about this hotel. The staff at the front desk as well as those helping us set up for our show were all very helpful and friendly. When we got to our room, everything was clean and tidy. I was sharing a suite with my business associates and there was plenty of space for the 4 of with room to spare. I ended up sharing the pull out couch with my boyfriend, and he found it to be very uncomfortable, but I slept alright on it. We also ate at the hotel restaurant one night and all 6 of us that ate there enjoyed our meal. The service that we received was polite and quick and we all left very satisfied. All in all, the spaces that we used were very well kept and we had a very good experience. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Good Bye Sheraton. I stayed at this Holiday Inn because my regular hotel in Roanoke (Sheraton) screwed up on my reservation. Boy what a great surprise. I went in to this hotel and asked front desk to speak to a manager before making reservation as we are entitled to limited budget. Manager who is authorized to override the rate was gone for the day as it was around 9:00PM but front desk quickly called him on his cell phone and help me get negotiated rate.Next thing I know that as soon as I got to my Room I got a call from same manager (Mr. Rojan) welcoming me and making sure if I was comfortable with my room and gave his cell number to contact him anytime. I never heard any hotel giving out direct access to management this way.
I was completely satisfied with my room and will rate this property 5 out of 5.
Kudos Mr. Rojan to you and your team and as promised I will make sure during our next project in Roanoke VA you will be our choice of hotel. Clean room, nice staff what else we travelers need.

Room Tip: I was happy with my room on 4th floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business