New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Sylvania, OH
“Bad hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Bed was broken down, food in the restaurant was bad, breakfast was over-priced and awful, plumbing noises all night, and the room was excessively dry. Only redeeming asset is that the hotel was relatively convenient to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Stay away from this hotel and stay somewhere else.

Stayed October 2013
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I'm so very sorry to here about the experience you had with us. We strive to deliver an outstanding service experience for every guest, every day, and it looks like we fell short this time. I hope we get a chance to make it up to you in the future. Please call me if you'd like to speak further about this.

Travel Safe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Weyers Cave, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The entire staff was very pleasant and helpful. The front desk staff, restaurant employees and housekeeping were all very professional and friendly. Would definitely stay at this property again. Location is good, close to shopping.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for you review, we appreciate the kind words. It's always nice to see that we are delivering on our promise to offer great service, every guest, every day. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time here with us, please come and see us again!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I would rate this property 5 of 5 based on their cleanliness location, and great people. I stayed for 5 nights and made some good friends at desk and restaurant. Even though everyone was very helpful rohan at desk was very nice. He remembered my name and never missed an opportunity to offer his help.
Breakfast room is bit outdated but Robbie and Steve has a lot to offer.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rate with breakfast is a good saving.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your kind words. We take great pride in what we offer here, we work hard to keep the hotel clean and up to date, and we strive to offer fabulous amenities. What we hang our hat on however is our service, we train and work very hard to make sure all our employees are delivering on the promise to offer outstanding service, every guest, every day! And it's nice to see that we are delivering on that promise.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!
Winchester, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I travel to Roanoke often for business and I had been staying out by the airport.
Then I found the Holiday Inn Tanglewood.
It is convenient, clean and the staff is always very professional and courteous.
It has become my favorite place to stay in Roanoke and with the renovations the rooms are as nice as anywhere I have ever stayed.
Keep up the good work!
-Scott

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and others know how we're doing! I'm so glad to hear from such a loyal guest! We take pride in knowing that folks can call us their home-away-from-home. I hope we get to see you again soon!

Hillsborough, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our trip driving down the Blue Ridge Parkway. We did not have a reservation and stopped in to get a room. The young man and the front desk took care of us and was very helpful - I wish I could remember his name so i could have added it to this review. He was so helpful and talked to us about our trip down the blue ridge parkway. We were given a room on the 5th floor with a king bed and a nice flat panel television - the room was clean and comfortable. We also got free breakfast which was not bad...they had an omelet station, waffles, cereal, fruit, and toast along with scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, and sausage and bacon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the parkway was a fun trip for you, we love seeing folks come in and talking to them about the drive. We just happen to be the closest full service hotel to the parkway as well! I hope the next time you stay with us you'll get the chance to eat in the Elephant Walk, our very own, locally owned restaurant and lounge!!! We all hope to see you again soon!

Travel Safe!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and my family visited our friends and family in Roanoke, Va after long time so we were really excited and we made our reservation at Holiday inn Tangelwood Roanoke, Va. I noted so many things that caught my eyes. 1) when we called to check the rate the front desk representative picked up the phone within one ring it was like really quick I consider it professional, 2) front desk representative gave me all the information that I needed and she was really sweet and professional she didn’t even rush at all like other places she gave me her full attention, 3)when we arrived at the hotel staff help us out to carry luggage that was really kind, 4) front office was neat and clean and it was smelling fresh and amazing which really impressed me, 5) our room was at the 5th floor so we took the elevator and it was clean and hallways were really spotless and neat which was really nice. Last but not the least our room was really clean, bed was really comfortable and bathroom was clean. We went to the elephant walk restaurant in the same building and the food was amazing as well. Location is amazing and when we asked for the late check out they gave us late check out no one even knocked the door or called. I will give 10 out of 10 to this hotel. I wish every hotel was like this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fernando A
I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel, we try every day to provide every guest with this kind of stay. We take pride in our hotel, and most of all the service we provide to our guests. Also it's nice to see you had the chance to enjoy the Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge, our very own, locally owned restaurant! I hope we get to see you again in the future!

Thanks again,
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Common areas have dirty, stained carpets, hotel bed is uncomfortable, toilet seat is stained, worn and should be replaced. Not worth the money. Had to stay here for work but never again. Overall appearance is good but look closer and run. I am not usually very picky as long as the hotel is clean with comfortable beds. This hotel had neither. I spend a significant amount of time traveling for work and would rather stay at the Holiday Inn Express than this full service Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
I'm so very sorry to hear about the conditions you noticed in our hotel, this is not the kind of stay we strive so hard to provide for our guests. I would love to discuss this with you further, you're welcome to give me a call anytime and the desk will put you through to my cell.