Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood
$118
Curio.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$87
$139
GardenInn.com
$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

$90
HIExpress.com
$119
$101
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$104
$88
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

All reviewselephant walkfront deskfridge and microwavenice hotelthe hotel staffbuffet breakfastthe blue ridge parkwaybeds were comfortablechecking inoutdoor poolcoffee makerroom was largenice stayking bedrohanconventionpillows
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here because it was close to where our son and his family live. Cost was a little more than what we like to pay but overall everything was good. Close to shopping and restaurants. Was very comfortable (we had a 2 queen bed unit w/tv, microwave, & small fridge. Could keep an eye on our vehicle parked in front which was good. We would stay here again and would also recommend it. Also has the Elephant Walk restaurant associated w/it open to public. Nice, Had drinks in lounge during happy hour 4 to 6:30. Also appreciated being able to get my points for being a Priority Club Member.

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor in the front so had a fairly nice view. Elephant Walk restaurant was in the hotel. Nice place, has a happy hour from 4 to 6:30.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and our staff in the Elephant Walk will be pleased to see that you had time to stop in and see them also. Please come see us again next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

..We have stayed at The Holiday Inn Tanglewood Roanoke Virginia for a number of years. they are Pet Friendly this is very important to us as we have a Petite Minature 8 lb Female Dachshund Our Pride and Joy. The rooms are excellent , comfortable and completely to your needs.Service , Front Desk, Housekeeping,Maintenance, Restaurant Staff Great.....Always friendly , great smile, call you by name ,this is so important A Special Thank you To PAT Wright and his Entire Staff. To Our Very Special Friends in the restaurant Matthew, Steven, and Robert Thank You for taking such good care and Feeding Us So Well. Gracie says Thank You, Thank You.. We Are Looking forward to our upcoming stay in September. Your Friends in Petersburg,.

Room Tip: We are extremely pleased in every respect, looking forward to our up coming stay in September.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karl D
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thanks so much for reviewing our property, and for being such a loyal customer. We truly can't wait to see you again soon! And yes, we love our little fury friends as well. I will share your kind words with our staff in all the departments and let them know how much you appreciate them. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in September!!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for the location which was as promised - about 2ish miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was adequate for one night but we wouldn't have stayed for two nights. Our room was one of the updated rooms including an HDTV. The bed was comfortable enough. I had to ask the front desk for pillow cases for the extra pillows in our room. No big deal but still. Unfortunately we had to call maintenance at 9:30 at night because the toilet wouldn't stop running. Maintenance did show up within 20 minutes and "fixed" it. We did not flush it all night for fear we'd be listening to it all night. In the morning it wasn't working again. We were woken up early with someone running on the treadmill. The fitness center opens at 5:30 a.m. and our room was directly next to it. All I could hear after that time was the treadmill! Ugh! Pool area is in need of a major cleaning and new furniture. If you want to sit outside in the evening bring bug spray. The mosquitos and no-see-um's destroyed us! The same black Lexus SUV was parked in the front alcove the entire time we were there which made loading and unloading a pain.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd floor next to the fitness center. We were in room 215 and as soon as the fitness center opened at 5:30 a.m. there was someone running on the treadmill which is easily heard through the walls! :-( This room was also very dark with only one small window facing the rest of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TwoNCTravelingFools

Thank you so much for reviewing our property and letting us know how we can improve. I'm glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay, the HDTV's are a new addition we added along with the recent renovation to the property. I'm so sorry about the issue with the toilet, thank you for bringing that to my attention, we've repaired it and it shouldn't be a problem again. As you mentioned we are the closest full service property to the Blue Ridge Parkway and we offer the best views of the Blue Ridge Mountains anywhere is the city. Hopefully we get to see you again in the future, and thank you again for letting us know how you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

After poor planning when I arrived in Roanoke to visit friends. I could not find a hotel that would rent without a credit card. Luckily, when I spoke with Jessica she was able to rent me a room using my id and a cash deposit. She was truly wonderful. All the staff were polite and courteous.I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The only complaint that I had was the trash dumpster being dumped at 5:30 am on a Saturday morning since I am a light sleeper.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

I'm so glad that you took the time to review our property and let us know how your stay was. I know it's hard sometimes to find a hotel that will accept a cash paying guest, but I'm glad you stumbled on to us. Jessica was so excited about your review, and I've shared this review with our management team. I'm sorry about the trash truck that early, I have called the removal company and straightened that out. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to let us and others know how we're doing!

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Maybe I have been in too many Holiday Inns because I have started to compare carpets. This one has the cleanest so far. One thing I hate is dirty or worn carpets and in some HIs the carpets are so dirty you try and walk round the edges. The rooms are fine, good air cond., beds small, bathroom good. Restaurant fine and the staff are courteous and friendly. Our waiter was a very nice Tamil from Kerala. Food was really quite good. Overall, nice hotel. Everything a weary traveller needs. Good price.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Pedroofpobla

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll return again soon! Our carpets are new actually, just like the rest of the property (we just finished a renovation product that updated the entire hotel and restaurant). Thanks again for your kind words, travel safe.