Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood
$124
$105
Hotels.com
$90
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$84
All reviewselephant walkfront deskfridge and microwavethe hotel staffnice hotelbuffet breakfastthe blue ridge parkwayroom was clean and comfortablechecking inoutdoor poolcoffee makerroom was largenice stayrohanconventionpillowselevator
Reviewed February 29, 2008

The hotel was very nice. We came for a convention, so we only got to stay 2 nights. When we first walked in, I noticed straight ahead a ATM, luckily, and the front desk. To the left was a nice seating area with leather couches and a big screen TV. On your right was a corridor leading to the guest elevator and the business center. They had a cool elevator! It had a glass window on the side so you could actually see out and see what was really happening outside. Cool!!
We stepped out of the elevator and took a very brief walk to our room. We opened the door and checked it out. I put all my stuff on the floor and jumped onto the bed. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. By the way, they have LodgeNet. In just a few minutes, we went back down to the 1st floor and explored the rest of the hotel. Very nice for a Holiday Inn. A upscale bar and dining area was just outside the lobby on the left and on your right was the confrence area. It was very nice!!! It also came in handy to have a wonderful complimentary bathroom just outside of the confrence center, which came in hand after drinking 4 full glasses of ice water. Just steps away from the hotel was a FYE Music Store, Food Lion, and the Tanglewood Shopping Center, an indoor mall which was very nice. It featureed many useful stores that came handy on our trip such as the Movie Theater (Carmike Cinema), Staples, AC Moore Crafts, Stein Mart, Applebees, Chick-Fil-A, and JC Penny and Belk, which were both 2 stories. They also had a Gamestop, Steve and Barries, and more!!! Very nice. I soon found myself back at the hotel, laying on the bed for hours at a time watching cartoons and stuff. Very confortable beds, might I add. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2008

Stayed here on a Friday night traveling on business as I do 5 or more nights a week. I stay in this area several nights a month and usually stay at the Holiday Inn Salem at I-81 Exit 137 or the Hampton Inn at Lewis Gale Hospital. I wanted to try this hotel after reading the reviews. Well...as a Priority Club member and a business traveler a Friday night here was a mistake. All the "perks" of priority club (Lounge, Breakfast, etc) only occur for those lucky enough to travel M-Th. I should have know better but I reserved a "standard room" with a "King" bed preference. I ended up with a two double, adjoining room. The room was average with borderline acceptable housekeeping...ran the vacuum and dusted but the out of the way places were not plesant (under TV...corners of bathroom...behind furniture...etc.) The TV was on it's last leg with the red/green colors splitting on the image (kinda felt like I needed 3D glasses!) so I made the mistake of turning the TV to try and find adjustment knobs....yuck!

There was a big convention and lots of noise...the pillows were standard issue...motel 6 style...

The service was ok other than when I requested a single bed room I was reminded of the conference and the fact that they were sold out.

Oh well...it was just one night and I lived to tell about it...but I would recomend the 15 minute drive to the other Holiday Inn or Hampton.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood for two nights while in town for a NASCAR race. We had originally wanted to book something closer to the track but this was the closest hotel available at the time and that's why we choose it. Even though it was a good 45 minute drive to the track the scenary there is beautiful and we didn't mind the drive at all.

The hotel is well kept and the rooms were quite nice. Nothing extravagant, but a nice hotel nonetheless. The front desk staff were great, always courteous, helpful and pleasant. We ate onsite one evening in the bar area. This was alright, but they didn't have enough people working and it took almost an hour to get our food that was just ok.

Otherwise though, the ammenities were nice. The area is close to plenty of shopping and restaurants which was very convenient and right near the interstate which made travel easy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in the area.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank happy_in_luv7707
Reviewed October 29, 2007

Good quality room (King with sofabed), very attractive price (at least during the week). Priority club members gain access to concierge lounge on 5th floor - basic continental breakfast is complementary but evening cocktails/beer/wine are cash bar. Restaurant (EJ's Landing) is seafood and decent, but does not appear to be the outstanding restaurant mentioned in an earlier review (changed hands?). Location is very good traffic-wise, with easy access to Tanglewood Mall and local restaurants, as well as I-581 to downtown.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Coon_Rapids_Traveler
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I did not think I was in a Holiday Inn. The rooms were clean, service excellent, and the ambience was great. The pool was nice. This was a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family