Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had to stay here for two nights recently. I stayed on the ground floor and it was very loud with guests coming in and out, as well as the staff. I suggest not staying on the ground floor.

The room was ok overall; it was clean. I think it was a little dated and the room was an average size. The beds were comfortable. The reception staff were all polite and helpful, and probably would have moved my room but I didn't want to fuss with repacking.

The location is convenient, which is why I picked it. It's in a very busy area of Roanoke with easy walking access to restaurants and other amenities. Next time I would pick something less busy, but this hotel overall was ok. I'd stay there again if I needed to.

Room Tip: Get a room away from an exit on an upper floor, you'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Nice place to stay, was not too expensive and the room service was great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Our organization has used this hotel for over 15 years to host a training conference. Attendance ranges from 50-200 and each time they have been very gracious to meeting our needs, Rooms have been recently remodeled and there is new furniture througout,

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ltlmrmd
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Everything was very clean and easy to find. The staff is excellent......anything you need, they will make sure you get it.

Only one problem.....watch the hot water....it is HOT!! Younger children could be scalded if left unattended.

Room Tip: If you are near the highway, you may hear a little late night travel, but not much.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason M
HITW, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments.....We will let everyone know.....Come back and see us again real soon. We will check on the water for the future......

Mary Hodges
Director of Sales

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here a couple of times due to a family emergency. Staff is WONDERFUL. Rooms are clean and spacious. Ask for two coffee packs if you are an in-room coffee drinker and houskeeping is a little loud in the AM. Based on staff, though, it is a total value:)

Booked at 1/2 price on Hotwire, really pleased. Close to banks, Panera, and shopping, EZ on and off 581.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are remodeled and big!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wallygoss
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Sort of depends on what you are looking for.... The hotel is located over in the Tanglewood area of Roanoke, which is far from the downtown area. It is right next to the Tabglewood Mall, which doesn't have much to offer. The hotel is clean, for the most part, but there are a few rust stains, etc. In general, it is a good property and it was a quiet stay. Some of the property is under renovation.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Aaron R
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I was a single traveler staying only 1 night Friday to Saturday.

I booked via a bidding site and got a room for 6X Dollars. Which is the same price I got the Hyatt for in Roanoke. I am a deal hunter so don't use my prices for reference.

I've travelled the world and various different conditions of rooms and by no means have high expectations. I have paid all sorts of prices as well, so although I like a deal I am not stingy by no means.

My experience with the hotel.

- Large hotel seems way too big, tons of empty rooms very Eerie feel to the hotel.
- A hotel this large that is obviously not full has limited staff so I assume this is the reason for many things being unkept or dirty, floors had stains or were not clean. The room was OK the bathroom was 3 star quality. I would not say any higher than that.
- Staff was incredibly friendly! Willing to help and very curious
- I was upset about no breakfast, I have a Priority Club member and because it was a saturday no Breakfast was available for free, apparently it is only M-F for free breakfast which makes no sense to me but maybe to someone else.
- throughout the night I was hearing people in the halls at 2,3,4 AM granted it was a Friday I expected it to be much quieter given how the hotel seemed very empty.
- I also heard people thumping around and what sounded like someone trying to access my room with a key luckily I locked all the doors and the bolt at the top, I kept convincing myself it was the heater so I could go back to bed and not worry about what was going on.

I am a very heavy sleeper almost too heavy. I am surprised I woke up. Overall I wouldnt stay here again the pool is outside, no breakfast on saturdays it looks run down and dirty, and even with the discounted fair I would probably stay at Hyatt instead.

This is my unbiased opinion, based on my experience of 1 night of stay. I am an exprienced traveller I hope my review helps someone.

Room Tip: Dont pick first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business