“Nice hotel in a great location!”

Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Smithfield, North Carolina
“Nice hotel in a great location!”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I recently spent the weekend in Roanoke to visit friends. Stayed at this hotel. Great experience!
Large, comfortable, well furnished rooms. Super comfortable bed. Nice bathroom. All in all a good place to stay. A lot of shopping and restaurants near by. Staff that I met were very nice, also. I would for sure stay here again!

Room Tip: I had a king size bed in my room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jim4249541

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I had pretty lo expectations when I booked this hotel. I didn't have many options since I was traveling across country with a cat and most places don't allows cats here. When I arrive there was a very nice woman at the front desk named Tequila who was very pleasant during the check-in process. The room was average size but decorated nice for a Holiday Inn. If you're in Roanoke this is a very good option.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Newyorker2LA
Boston
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Staff very friendly and helpful. The condition of the property is generally good, with recent updates that appear more successful in the common areas than in the rooms. The room decor was tasteful and showed some wear and tear, but nothing blatantly bad, and quality and condition of linens were fine, but housekeeping needs to pay more attention to the details. There were visible smudges on the mirror in my room, and lower shelf of the night stand was covered with dust...I literally "blew off" a thick layer of it from a book located there. The biggest concern was a large insect crawling on the ceiling that I was able to dispose of...not sure what it was, but it did make me uneasy. I saw one other review mention this, so could be a bigger issue here. I've stayed at a number of HI Express locations recently, and this one was definitely a notch below some of the newer properities that I've experienced.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank dan339g
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Very nice hotel in a good location. We stayed here on a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Hotel was just a few miles off the parkway & easy to find. Mall & restaurants close by. Our room was very nice & roomy- had fridge, microwave, & a small sofa. Was clean & quiet. Staff was helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed two nights. Property and rooms were clean; decor was nice; staff (front desk, maids, room service) was pleasant and efficient. Ordered room service and was quite happy with the food, prices, and service. My only complaint was that I found the mattress and pillows lumpy. Effected my comfort. Might not bother some, but just not comfortable enough for me. Other than that, I was impressed with this hotel as I place my highest premium on cleanliness and service. Oh- and I really liked the flat screen, large mini fridge, and microwave, along with Bath & Bodyworks toiletries.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Rooms were clean...bathrooms subpar....showers could be updated. Decor modern...location convenient....a little pricey....walking through a wall of smokers coming in the entrance was a turn off...but what can you do? Housekeeping came through our door..regardless of us yelling " no thank you "..... overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
HITW, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. We have changed the smoking policy and the front of the hotel is now a non-smoking area. I hope this will reassure you of the importance of your comments. Please come back to see us again soon!
STOKE ON TRENT
Reviewed October 5, 2011

This is a ture gem of a hotel. All the staff made you feel welcome and nothing was to much for them to do for you. The rooms are of a very good size. The pool area is clean and you can relax here. Stay here and see for your self

Room Tip: Just ask the staff will always try for you
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple