“Remodeled, stylish room ” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“Remodeled, stylish room ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The pictures on here do not look like the room we had, our room had dark wood, new furniture, granite countertops and stylish touches, breakfast was decent enough and while staff were very slow, and fairly stupid it seemed, they were friendly. I think this place is a very good value for the price if you get one of the newer rooms, I don't know if the whole place has been renovated or not

Stayed July 2014
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We have renovated the 2 main floors while leaving the bottom floor un renovated until November when business slows. This does offer us a chance to give un renovated rooms at a smaller price. i do apologize that our staff was not up to par and i will do all i can to be sure they are properly trained. Please give me a call if there is any certain issues that I will need to address. Thank you again and we hope you stay with us anytime you are in Roanoke.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sophia, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was attending a class and was there overnight during the week.

The property was clean, inside and out. The free breakfast was more then just danish and cereals, more than I honestly expected.

The staff was great, from check-in to my departure. They were very courteous and helpful with my questions.

I will stay here again when I come back for another class, or just in the area and need a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We have more exciting additions to the breakfast coming. We also strive to keep the property extra clean even while renovations are happening. Please come back and stay next time your in the Roanoke Valley.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

this is probably a nice 3 star hotel, but the friendliness of the staff bumped it to a 4 star for me. when I checked in they told me how they had just purchased the property this spring and are working hard to update it. improvements are visible throughout the hotel, new furniture in the bedrooms, wallpaper removed and replaced with current sleep inn décor. some thing are still old, but I appreciate that they are doing what they can as they can. the price was great, breakfast was good, were happy. on checkout I was asked how everything was and specifically if there is anything they could do to improve. all I could think of was that a trash can had not been emptied and the employees response was great- he was very thankful for me having told him and they are aiming to have no complaints, one is not good enough. I was impressed. also a note on entering- you can turn left across electric ave and enter behind the Mexican place, making a u turn is not needed unless you miss the left. the wifi service was very good for our tablets also.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan K
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you so much four your feedback. My desk clerk was correct in saying that one complaint is too many, we strive to make sure the guest has the best stay possible. I do apologize for the oversight of the trash and will make adjustments to not have this overlooked again. I also would like to express to all concerned that we are currently working on approval for a west bound entrance into the property!!!! We know that this has been an issue for years with this hotel and hope to have that fixed soon. This guest does offer good advice in turning by Rancho Viejo and coming through our truck parking until then.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

From Manager Travis Hill, to the housekeeping staff, I love Sleep Inn Tanglewood. Over the course of my life I've stayed in every imagineable type of facility; a road-side family-owned motel in Colorado & New Hampshire, major-chain hotels from New England to California, B&Bs in various states , even a five-star suite in New York. In all my travels I've not found any that seems more genuinely interested in making my stay pleasent and restful than Travis's team.

My primary concerns are a clean room, a comfortable bed, and that I not be disturbed unless absolutely required. In these critical areas, Sleep Inn Tanglewood delivers. I've experienced superior accomodations (the aforementioned 5-star suite in NY), but have yet to experience a staff more intent on my being satisfied with my stay. I've had several opportunities to stay in hotels/motels in Roanoke and surrounding areas over the past year. None offer the combination of quality, service, and affordability that Travis's team delivers consistently.

Unless someone else is making the reservations (and paying for the room), any time I'm in need of a welcoming place to stay in Roanoke, I'll be staying at the Sleep Inn Tanglewood. Kudos to Travis Hill and his excellent staff. Keep up the great work!

with sincerest regards to fellow travellers,

Roger

Room Tip: Most rooms are adjoining rooms. If privacy is a major concern, you may want to pay extra $ for a no...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Brinkman2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are trying to make this hotel the #1 place to stay in Roanoke. We know it all begins with great customer service, that is why our goal is to go above and beyond expectations. I have passed these comments on to my staff and they love knowing they have another happy guest! Please stop by and stay with us anytime in Roanoke.
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The price of this hotel can't be beat. And it was clean and neat. The staff were courteous. It offers a nice continental breakfast which, again, at this price is really nice. I did have a noise issue that was corrected right away by staff by checking me into a top floor room. Things to know:

1. Ask for a top floor room if you can carry your bags up the stairs (no elevator). I could hear every move the person made in the room above me.
2. The refrigerator is larger than your normal hotel room fridge which is nice if you are staying longer than a couple of days.
3. The showerhead is stationary but has great water pressure - I'm always looking for a hand-held - it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. (No tub - just a large shower stall)
4. I was first booked into an older room then into one of the renovated rooms. They were both pretty much alike except for the modernity of the decor.

Room Tip: If you are a woman traveling alone I would recommend asking for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. The...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank SVinLV
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! The staff here are more than acomodating when it comes to our guests. We are aware of our elevator situation and are willing to carry any bags for any guest. We strive to offer good southern hospitality and a comfortable room.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay while visiting family back home. I could not figure out how to access the internet from my room. I called to the desk and spoke to the General Manager and he instructed us how to get on. A few moments later the clerk, Raj had called just to make sure all was still ok with the internet and our room. We decided to add an extra night after being treated with such hospitality

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cardo2014
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy to help guests with any issue that happens during their stay. I am happy to hear that Raj's quick actions led to helping secure another life long guest. Please stop by any time you are in the Roanoke Valley.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel itself is a bit dated and undergoing renovations. Despite this the price was right and the staff was very professional and accommodating. Mike Snelling was especially helpful with a number of needs I had as a cross-country cyclist. He helped make my stay quite enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are undergoing renovations to to improve our customers experience. It is employees like Mike Snellings that helps put us above our competition. Please stop by the hotel next time your riding through the valley!