Sleep Inn Tanglewood
$119
$112
$85
Country Inn
Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$79
$90
HIExpress.com
$116
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$81
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$93
$115
Hyatt.com
All reviewscranberry juicechoice privilegeshotel clerktwo queensbathroom arearoom was cleanstay there againmexican restaurantwafflesliving roomthree nightsfree breakfasthot breakfastnice breakfasthousekeeping staffthe blue ridge parkwayone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I checked into the Sleep Inn and found it clean and comfortable. As I looked up at the ceiling of rm 235 I noticed within the popcorn textured ceiling were Satanic symbols! I am very familiar with these symbols and know exactly what the are.Choice Priledges customer service was rude to say the least The only helpful person was the young lady working the front desk. I quickly checked out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank Albert M
CHRIS_FRANCISCO, Sleep Inn Customer Care at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

I am Very sorry to here that your stay with us here at Sleep Inn Tanglewood of Roanoke, VA was everything but satisfying. We are truly sorry for the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. I would like to mention that we have looked into this situation and it has been taken care of. We hope that your next time passing, you will stop by and give us a chance to make things right for you.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had a good stay, clean and comfortable, easy access from Blue Ridge Pkwy. Front desk very nice and knowledgeable of the area. Gave great info on places to eat close by. Room was quiet, clean, beds were great. The lady over the breakfast in the lobby was great. She talked with the customers, kept the area spotless, could tell she had pride in her work.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank DoubleE
CHRIS_FRANCISCO, Customer Care at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you kindly for your great feedback concerning your stay. We do strive to provide all guests top quality Customer Service and I'm glad to see that you received that! Next time you are traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway, be sure to stop back in and take full advantage of our soon to be fully Renovated hotel! Thank you again for your Positive Feedback.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

The moment we walked into the lobby, the smell of cigarette smoke was strong. We had a non-smoking room, and the room itself actually didn't smell like smoke, but the entire lobby and hallway was smoke infested. The biggest complaint I have is the they put the exercise room on the second floor ABOVE guest rooms, which happened to be above us. It sounded like a herd of elephants in that room and when I called to complain, they said it was the exercise room and that the room was open 24 hours! What moron puts an exercise room on the second floor? DON'T stay in room 228!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rgarib
CHRIS_FRANCISCO, Customer Care at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for your Comment "Rgarib". We do have a Issue with the excersise room being on the top floor, with that being said we are in the process of moving the fitness room to the main floor. I'm sorry that you encountered this issue during your stay. If you pass through Roanoke again, We would love to have the opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Although I usually try to stay in a Hampton, Hyatt or Marriott when staying in a chain, I gave this Sleep Inn a chance late one night. It was in a good location, but still seemed quiet. The room was clean and fairly large, but did have a tiny bathroom (shower only).

The bedding was nice and comfortable, and the room was quiet. There were plenty of cable channels available, and the room had a microwave and mini-fridge.

Although not fancy in any way, I was happy with the room and the low price made it a good value. It was easily $50 less than the Fairfield Inn I'd stayed in the previous night.

For travelers with special requests -- the hotel does have smoking rooms available, and will allow one pet for a $25 per night charge. All the pet rooms are located together, I believe.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wearywriter

Thank you "Wearywriter" we greatly appreciate you giving us the Opportunity to fulfill your lodging needs. I'm very pleased to see that your stay was a good one, and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future when our Renovations are complete.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

You know it is bad when you have guests threatning to sleep in the lobby because the room was so bad and the staff was adamant about not changing them. No heat in rooms? Stale biscuits, two thermoses of coffee for more than 40 people, stale cereal is what you can expect from the continental breakfast. Rooms are filthy, obviously not cleaned well. There was coffee stains and food crumbs in my room. Staff was apathetic. I've traveled a lot and this was the worst by far. I've stayed in hotels in developing nations that were much higher in standards than here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank T D

To be exact on this specific Review. This was actually a Tour Group that came in with an exact total of Rooms reserved through the Manager of the Tour Company. When arriving close to 10:00PM on a night that we were sold out, They failed to call and add a few extra rooms to accommodate the extra people that were added to their tour at the last minute.

Although we were sold out on this night, We did have one room that was down for maintenance due to the Heating unit needing repaired. This was during the Winter season and we would never expect anyone to sleep in a Freezing room nor would we want them too. After getting the guest checked in, we made it a priority to go and purchase a Heater to keep the room comfortable throughout the night.

As for the remarks directed to the Breakfast, I feel that they were a bit stretched. I am glad to say though that just recently we have completely updated our breakfast bar from Continental to a Full Hot Breakfast. Some of our newest items include but are not limited too Make your own Waffle Machine, Biscuits and gravy, Sausage Patties, Eggs, Variety of Cereal, and much more!

I can not say that this Review gives anyone a real picture of what we here at Sleep Inn stand for. So come in today and stay with us and see for yourself what our hotel and staff have to offer you!