“Great sushi, great service!”
Review of Wasabi's

Wasabi's
Ranked #73 of 473 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great sushi, great service!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great sushi spot right in downtown. Love the salad dressing they use, so we had to purchase some to use on our salads at home (only $4 a pint). It is the creamy mayonnaise type dressing that I have only had in one other Japanese restaurant which is in Fl. Their sushi is great as well. The SUMO roll is our favorite with grilled tuna inside along with different sauces on top. Order 2! The shrimp tempera roll is also one of my favorites, but next time, I will ask them to cut them a bit smaller. Another favorite at the table was the Lovers roll with spicy tuna inside and fresh avocado out.

Visited March 2014

“Best sushi in SW Virginia!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Roanoke. The sushi is very fresh and prepared with great skill by Santiago. Our favorites are the volcano, sumo, and lover's rolls. The place is small but with a neat atmosphere on the market in downtown Roanoke. We dine there at least four times a month and have never had a bad meal.

• Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“REALLY good sushi”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I no longer live in the area, but when I was in Roanoke, I often came to Wasabis. I have to say that I really miss the sushi. I now live in Boston where the sushi is also pretty good, but there was just something about Wasabis. I have to say, it has been the only sushi that makes me completely stop talking. You know something is tasty when everyone is eating and not talking. I have so many favorite rolls! From the electric eel, to lovers roll, and spicy rainbow roll, to softshell crab maki... I have never been disappointed. The food is great (and well priced), the service is wonderful, and the atmosphere is quite nice as well.

I definitely recommend trying this place if you haven´t already. It´s amazing how good it is considering Roanoke is so far from the water. But don´t let that discourage you!

• Visited September 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Just give it a try”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is a small, but popular sushi restaurant in downtown Roanoke. If you've had sushi in larger metropolitan markets you might not be impressed, but this really isn't too bad. Been there 2 or 3 times for lunch, never dinner. Contrary to some other observations, we've found the fish fresh--maybe we're just there on the right day. Portions are decent, and prices are fair. Popular place so if you want to have lunch there, try to get there before noon, as it fills up.

• Visited December 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Santiago is the Man”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

A Latin Master of the Roll. Careful perpetration. Fresh fish. Doesn't get any better in Roanoke. Hamachi was excellent belly tuna, very tender, great roll and presentation.