“cool atmosphere, city hole in the wall.”
Review of Ernie's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We went Ernie's after being told about it from our hotel. The place is easy to miss but located right in the market street area in downtown. about 8 tables and a few locals hanging out drinking coffee reminds me of home. Check it out, fast service, good coffee and reasonable prices.

There are newer reviews for Ernie's

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I go here all the time for breakfast. Nothing fancy, just a nice diner with great food!

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Eating breakfast at Ernie's is an institution in Roanoke. It isn't a posh place and some people might be bothered by the greasy spoon atmosphere. But one should look past this issue - it is truly a great experience!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

If you are looking for a great breakfast spot, this is it. No it's not IHOP with a million options, but the menu is diverse and the food is great. It's great place to start a Saturday morning walk around hte downtown market.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

This restaurant was wonderful!!!!

I visited with friends for breakfast on a Saturday morning. We actually did not get there until 11:30am but they serve breakfast until 2pm on Saturday.

Food-was so very good!!! I had scrambled eggs that were cooked perfectly, bacon, and potatoes. I also had a pancake, very good! The coffee was good too.

Atmosphere-quaint little place near the market square. The place was decorated very well with local pictures on the wall and "hand" chairs. Yes, I said chairs that are in the shape of hands. Very unique

Staff-great service, very personable and felt like we were neighbors and visited every day.

Cost-so very reasonable. I believe my entire meal was under $10.

Would definitely return when back in Roanoke.