“UnSanitary” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ridgeway
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“UnSanitary”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very Nasty enviroment. I had to go to WalMart and buy my own sheets, pillow and pillow cases. Thats how nasty the sheets looked. When I ask the housekeeper for clean towelsshe said there will be none until they come out of the dryer later today....WTH???..Too Top it ALL off..The Freakin BED was broken!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Talk2MeDC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
North Augusta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Was traveling and arrived late in Martinsville. Needed a place to stay for the night and something to eat. Desk clerk was nice enough and helped with room. I did not have reservations(will not happen again here). Got a room, went to eat, came back and regretted it. AC system was old, loud window unit and did not cool the room off until after midnight. The room was clean, but definitely needed some work. No one around to talk to about unit. Up and out next morning before the manage arrived. Don't plan to go back to this place again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RWayneJ

Travelers are raving about these Ridgeway hotels

Handewitt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Have been in this hotel for five days and can really reccommend it! The hotel is easy to find, the rooms are fine and clean and the owner as well as his staff is always very friendly and helpful and the room rates are low. Good value for money! Compared to some other Days Inn this one is really fine.

R. Kysela / Germany

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
lancaster
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

i drove 12 hours to this place from buffalo to see the nascar race. I made my reservation through the phone and reserved the room for the weekend of october 28th -30th. When I got there, the clerk said I had no reservation.I had the confirmation number through an e-mail, but no luck.The owner tried to set me up down the street at his buddies place,that smelled and looked like the Bates Motel.On top of this, he wanted to charge me more than what I booked at. So I drove 45 minutes to Greensboro to stay at another Days Inn.The end of this story is I booked at a cheaper rate in August, the owner did not like the rate I booked at, decided to cancel, and no phone call from the owner, or Days inn corporate telling me my room was cancelled so I can make other plans. This owner is a scumbag and cannot not be trusted.And I can't get any satisfaction from corporate. So NEVER STAY AT DAYS INN because they CANNOT BE TRUSTED

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Barnesville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Unlike most of the negative reviews on here, our stay at Days Inn Martinsville was great. We chose this motel to be near the Martinsville Speedway for the annual running of the Late Model Stock Car 300. We were checked in promptly and our room was clean, spacious and seemed to be renovated. The lighting, air conditioner, carpet, microwave ect all appeared to be somewhat new and the Wi-Fi worked great. I would def stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Morehead City, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were leaving the coast of NC to get away from hurricane Irene. We needed somewhere that would take our little dog but not be too costly. We were pleasently surprised at how clean and well kept it is. definitely a good deal for the money. the manager--Kenny Patel--very nice. We will difinitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Midland Park, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

Days Inn should be ashamed to put their name on this hotel. I chose it because it was next to the Martinsville speedway. I was surprised I got a room at the last minute, I now know why, the place was a dump, dirty, smelly. sink leaked shower leaked, a/c didn't work properly. Had to buy clorex wipes and air freshners to clean the room and air it out.Was afraid to put anything on the floor rug was gross!!.Has pre-paid because of the special event rate, $ 496.00 for 3 nites!!!Upon check out receipt was wrong and was charged $ 40 extra, tried to straighten it out and girl at desk said she couldn't do anything, she could have cared less,manager who would be in at 10am, this was at 8 am and we had a 9 hour drive ahead of us,The receipt was so messed up it didn't even have the correct dates on it, which she said she could not fix it.I told her I would dispute it with AMEX. There were no other hotels near the track that had rooms available so we were stuck and we had alot of money invested in tickets and in this dump.The free breakfast was so disgusting, It was shoved in a corner of the office and the hot water for tea was ice cold, the person watching over it was dirty, even the ice machine was dirty. We saw the staff running extension cords between rooms bacuse rooms were having power issues( can you say fire hazard)I can't believe this hotel could pass a health inspection.Would never stay there again!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
daysinn_martinsville, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Ridgeway Martinsville Area, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
This was a guest who clearly was upset for some reason other then our hotel. This guest was here for a special event. During that time and once a month every time the rooms are deep cleaned. That means the carpet is shampooed, bedspreads are washed, bathrooms are deep cleaned and everything dusted from top to bottom. Everything is in the best of shape for each guest at everytime. We have a head housekeeper that checks and rechecks each room everday for erorrs or something that may have been missed by our housekeeping staff. So please stop by and you be the judge, you are free to see a room before you deside.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeway
Baymont Inn & Suites Martinsville
#1 of 2 in Collinsville
Comfort Inn Martinsville
Comfort Inn Martinsville
#2 of 6 in Martinsville

Been to Travelodge Ridgeway Martinsville Area? Share your experiences!