“Great business dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: In the tradition of Italy's trattorias, the sight, sounds and aromas of authentic Italian cuisine are recreated fresh everyday at Il Fornaio. Literally "the baker" in Italian, Il Fornaio offers wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade and imported pastas; pizzas from a wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; antipasti and a wide variety of desserts made daily from scratch. The first two weeks of each month a special menu from a different region of Italy is featured as part of Festa Regionale.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Fantastic italian choice on the mid to highish price point. They were able to accomodate our party of 9 with little notice and had multiple wait staff members checking in with us every few minutes to make sure that we had everything that we needed.
Always ask what the specials are as they are not prominently advertised and are usually a great value

Joel B, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thank you very much for your great review. We are glad to hear your party had a great time and enjoyed our selection of specials. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I dined here last night with my two daughters. The environment is sophisticated with all the trappings of an expense account driven experience, down to the white jacket clad service personnel. Ours was fine, if not inspirational. The food was VERY slow coming out of the kitchen - both the appetizer (which was the best of the evening, if just Calamari); but everything else was pretty poor. As we endured a long wait for our food, others around us were served - which led me to surmise the server did not put our order in / in correctly. After an inquiry, 5 minutes later the tasteless food popped out: mine Veal Scallopini with no flavor whatsoever; and a pasta dish for my one daughter that she said was largely ugly, unappetizing and "not any good". The third daughter had their seafood medley which was the best of the lot, but nothing special given the prices. No deserts, one glass of wine, one shared appetizer, 3 pretty poor entrees and a 20% tip (I don't penalize the waitstaff despite the experience); and you have a $120 outing for a mediocre evening out in one of the "finer food" places in the Towne Center.

Joel B, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Jim,
Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. I apologize for the for the poor service you received and I am absolutely baffled that the food came out in such poor quality. Please feel free to email me directly at jbarajas@ilfo.com at your convenience so I can make your next experience here much better.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have had several large business dinners at Il Fornaio, 10-15 persons. They have always handled it well. Service was fast, the food, especially the pasta dishes were excellent. Also I should note that appetisers have always been varied, great tasting, and well received.

I would happily recommend Il Fornaio!

Thank you so much for your great review, we are glad to hear you enjoy our pasta and appetizer dished. We hope to see you for another business dinner soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I'm a big fan of pasta, and they never disappoint. I've been here a number of times, and I've never had anything bad. The pizza is good as well. They have a rotating regional Italian menu that focuses on the different local specialties.

Joel B, General Manager at Il Fornaio, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you for your great review, we really appreciate it. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our pastas and pizzas as well as our selections off the regional menu. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Grab a booth and this is a typical modern bar in Reston - right in the centre and handy for other eateries.