“A little disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 146 Restaurants in Reston
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: In the tradition of Italy's trattorias, the sight, sounds and aromas of authentic Italian cuisine are recreated fresh everyday at Il Fornaio. Literally "the baker" in Italian, Il Fornaio offers wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade and imported pastas; pizzas from a wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; antipasti and a wide variety of desserts made daily from scratch. The first two weeks of each month a special menu from a different region of Italy is featured as part of Festa Regionale.
los angeles
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The food was OK. I was hoping to be wowed by the food and found it to be very average and a bit pricey. Service was OK, not great considering all the nice reviews I had read about. Beautiful decor and the Calamari was excellent. I have had much better food at other Italian restaurants so I cannot recommend ll Fornaio.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Hi,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about your experience at Il Fornaio in Reston. We strive to provide a great experience for every guest and appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention.

I have spoken with our Team members the importance of following the recipies. We would like to invite you and a guest to come in again at no cost to see for yourself that we have taken your feedback seriously and that we are capable of providing a much better dining experience.
Please contact me directly if you are open to revisiting our restaurant.

jbarajas@ilfo.com

• Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Italian food and ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Il Fornaio is located in the Reston Town Center, just outside Washington, DC. I was there on business and several of us had dinner due to its convenient location, near our hotel. The restaurant was packed on a weekday night so I highly recommend making a reservation. The food was good with traditional dishes, like pasta, done very well. The pizza is done in an hot oven, in alignment with the name. The wine list was long but prices seemed too high for a visitor. The service was good with the waiter trying (unsuccessfully) to sell us on overpriced anti pasto.

• Visited March 2013
Buon Giorno,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled that your experience at Il Fornaio Reston was outstanding and memorable. I have shared your positive sentiments with our team who were elated about the good work they strive to deliver on a daily basis.
Please make sure to ask for me or anyone on our management team on your next visit so we can thank you in person!

Jbarajas@ilfo.com
Il Fornaio Authentic Italian Restaurant and Bakery
Reston, Virginia
“Average Italian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nothing special, it is better than Paolos in the town center but I'd recommend going to Vienna to Bonarti.

Visited October 2012
Buon Giorno,

Please contact me directly if you are open to revisiting our restaurant.

jbarajas@ilfo.com
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“great food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food was amazing and the service was excellent. The Bread served at the table was fresh baked and tasted amazing. I was there for lunch and it was great.

Visited February 2013
Washington, dc
“Outstanding Service, but average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was the second time we've dined at Il Fornaio. the first time was several years ago when it first opened. At that time, my impression was that the service was good but the food was overpriced. My impression has not changed. First, We had an 8pm Friday nite reservation, and showed up 20 minutes early. The hostess had no problem seating us early. Our waiter was superb and made our dining experience a pleasant one. We tried one of the wine specials, a super tuscan, that was very good. My wife had a spinach ravioli with sausage and arrabiatta sauce, that was fine, but my chicken and spinach canelloni was very average and very gloppy with cheese and bechamel sauce. The pasta entrees were around $18 each while our salads were around$10 each. While the atmosphere was nice, there are too many restaurants at the Reston Town Center to serve average food. Go elsewhere if you are looking for good Italian food.

• Visited February 2013