“2.5 to low 3 stars”
Review of M & S Grill

M & S Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
M & S Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 153 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Library St.
Transit: Reston Town Center - Fairfax Connector.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Mussels were decent but needed more white wine and garlic in their broth. The mac and cheese tasted like velveta, a coagulated velveta at that. The mushrooms were delicious, probably the best side of the night. The bread was also interesting, very doughy which I happen to enjoy. There were also notes of honey or some ingredient I couldn't make out which added to the nice flavor of the bread.

As for the entrees - we got an 8oz filet and the Beef Medallions Bordelaise. The filet was way over cooked and had to be sent back. I ordered medium rare and it came out almost well done. When it came back the second time it was very nice. As for the medallions they were tough as leather and the sauce tasted like a soy sauce reduction.

Overall not impressed, I think I'll stick with Clydes.

1  Thank LessWork M
There are newer reviews for M & S Grill

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good service, drinks were well made, food not bad, could be improved. I ordered the blackened salmon ceasar salad, which needs a more seasoned dressing especially since the salmon though perfectly cooked was bland. Delicious creme brule though.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The bar was a little noisy, but they offer outdoor seating as well as quieter areas inside. Our service was very good, and we both enjoyed our main course, but the Cesar salad was nothing special. I thought the Jack Daniels was overpriced, but the wines by the glass were reasonable. Overall, a little pricey, but a pleasant evening. I would go back again.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

In my opinion one of the bottom 3 of Reston town center. It's just not good and shows zero promise of being better. Why do people eat here. Steak. Go to Jackson's. Salads go to mon abi. Food go anywhere except those other bottom 3 like the tap room. Horrid. Really write 100 of reviews. This is my worse but these guys earned it. I'll never dine here again even if the price was zero. Not worth it

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant during a trip to the Reston Town Center. We were seated right away and had a great server who was very nice. The food was really good, although portions for the seafood dishes were a bit small.
I definitely plan to go back during my next visit! It's a bit expensive so be prepared.