“Great fresh food”

Cafesano
Ranked #3 of 154 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Cafesano serves Italian and Mediterranean food in an upscale quick-casual cafe environment located on Lake Thoreau in the South Lakes Village Center in Reston, Virginia. Our hours are from 11-9 daily. Enjoy our fresh and flavorful Appetizers, Panini, Wraps, Salads, Pizza and Kabobs. Kids Menu and Gluten Free Menu available. Vegetarian friendly menu. Nice variety and reasonably priced beer and wine. Our patio overlooks Lake Thoreau and there is ample parking. Cafesano. Tastes good! Feels good!
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my first visit to Cafesano. As soon as I walked in I has struck by the atmosphere - friendly and busy. The display of food is impressive and helped me choose from the excellent menu. There is a broad choice of Mediterranean food - Italian, middle eastern and North African. I visited as a family group - my wife and I (Europeans - who have spent a bit of time around the Mediterranean) our americanised son and his wife and their 4 year old daughter - so there was a broad range of tastes to meet. We were all pleased. We enjoyed a glass of wine with lunch too. If you're not familiar with Mediterranean food I would suggest you have a starter and a main (other than real Italian ice cream) the desserts from this region are not stand-outs - that is no reflection on the restaurant. There restaurant also has great views of the lake. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Reston.

1  Thank Donald F

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great food, great ambiance, good for families, a bit crowded at lunchtime and weekend evenings.

The pizza is great, cooked near a live flame, the kabobs are good, definitely try the dip sampler platter.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

In short, every item on the menu is delicious. I've been there too many times to count, and NEVER been disappointed. The atmosphere is unique and relaxed. Freshest ingredients. No pushy wait staff or rush. Great place to relax, enjoy the modern decor and bright interior, sip wine (very reasonable prices), and eat interesting food.

Although it's a strip mall location, the outdoor patio is still quiet and there is a nice view of the lake. It gets quite busy during lunch hour...clearly it is no longer a neighborhood secret...the word has spread!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Delicious, fresh food, friendly service. Great soups. This place is no longer Reston's best kept secret. They have such a great formula. Line up, pay and leave when you're ready. No having to wait for the check. Beautifully appointed and modern. It can get really busy. Fabulous pizzas. Can't speak highly enough about it. Great job!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

It is so wonderful having a great restaurant in one's own neighborhood. My favorites are the kabob platter, kabob wrap, and the margherita pizza. They have a lovely tiramisu also. It is easy to sit and eat there, inside or outside, or to carry out. I have brought many friends and family there to eat, and without fail, they all have also enjoyed this restaurant!