“Very pretty restaurant with very good food”
Review of El Manantial Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wiehle Ave.
Description: El Manatial is a family operated restaurant, featuring European Fusion Cuisine. We offer Italian, French and Spanish specialties, including a Tapas bar.
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is a very pretty restaurant with a large painted mural on one long wall as you walk in. It has a nice atmosphere and is not noisy. Our waiter was friendly, had great recommendations when we asked for his help in choosing both food and wine, and checked on us from time to time to make sure we were okay. The manager also stopped by to ask how our meal was. All the food was attractively presented. My husband enjoyed the mushroom ravioli appetizer ($7.95), and I liked my paradise salad ($9.95) which was romaine with strips of avocado and heart of palm. Most of the appetizers are priced $8-10, which is a little high. The warm bread just came with olive oil, no herbs, no butter. My rack of lamb was delicious and very tender. My husband's veal chop was very good. I had three bites of his fresh raspberry tart which was very good. We each had a glass of Dolium Malbec wine from Argentina. It was an excellent, soft red wine. All in all, it was a very good to excellent meal with especially nice service, and we would return.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

WeI took advantage of a Groupon to try this restaurant and were pleasantly surprized. The restaurant is in a strip mall, but the warmth of the staff and the decor causes that to fall away when you walk in the door. We had the artichoke tapa as an appetizer which was fresh and tasty, my companion had the goat cheese salad and I had the tomato/mozzarela salad- both were very good. We shared a lobster entree that was delicious and both saved room for dessert: an almond creme cake and a mixed berry tart (the dessert chef is an artist). We will definitely come back again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2011

The tapas was so-so, I must admit the croquettes were really excellent but the paella was TERRIBLE! I got the paella mediterranean and the did not use saffron or paprika, how DARE they call that Paella! The atmosphere was nice but was highly dissapointed.

1  Thank sharonlindell
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Just had dinner this past weekend. Had not been there for a few months. The food was great as always. The food is an eclectic blend with tapas bar, pizza and excellent fish and meat selections. It is one of our favorite local places for lunch and dinner. For dessert you must bet the tartatan, it is a light pastry with fruti filling along with ice cream.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We went to El Manatial because we had a Groupon certificate affording us $20 off. The location is remote for the Reston area. It is in a shopping center and the main store, a grocery store, is now closed, so the area was a little off puting. The restaurant, however, was lovely and the food was very good --- not excellent, but very good. The best course was the Paradise salad -- which was superb! We had lobster and steak and both were well prepared. We opted for a nice Rioja and it was very good and very reasonably priced. The wait staff was excellent.