“Noisy and Overcrowded”

la Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #20 of 148 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Wiehle, VA
“Noisy and Overcrowded”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Unable to rate the food as my associate and I who planned to dine here for a luncheon meeting were never seated despite waiting over 30 minutes! So, we went elsewhere. Not going back. This place makes Romano's look good by comparison!

• Visited January 2014

“Greatest food.. Service: patience required”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We are so fortunate to have this restaurant in the Reston area. The service is cafeteria style and your selection must be brought to you by displaying a numbered table flag.

All of the dishes we tried here were great. Even better are the salads, bread and pastries. Wine, tea and soft drinks are available, but no bar service.

Have patience, and learn to love the most authentic French dishes in Reston.

Visited May 2014
Pennsylvania
“Great Spot for Business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Had a quick business breakfast here and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The place really gets busy with lots of hustle and bustle which means it can get a little noisy at times. Quality food and a cool atmosphere; I'll be back.

Reston, Virginia
“Worst customer service & food today”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I haven't been to La Madeleine French Bakery & Café in Reston in a year. My husband and I went there for lunch today @ 1:15 pm. They were busy, but it was the WORST food and service I've ever experienced. None of the vacant tables had been cleaned so there was no place to dine in without removing other customers plates & glassware before dining in. I ordered a spinach salad with chicken. After one bite I couldn't eat it. The chicken tasted odd and looked more like shredded beef. When I got back in line to exchange the salad for a bowl of soup, When I asked for a soup spoon I was told they didn't have any at the time to come back later. The cashier didn't know what to do. I blame the management for overall hiring employees that didn't seem to care about customer service! I won't be returning anytime soon.

• Visited December 2013
Dingwall, United Kingdom
“Nice warm fire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We called in for desert as a family group of 8 aged 5 to over times that age. A good selection of deserts, nice coffee and a great warm fire on an icy cold December night. We'll go back.

Visited December 2013