“Artifical, Imitation Diner Food”
Review of Silver Diner

Silver Diner
Ranked #10 of 156 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

A fake restaurant in a fake town. Alas, it's also one of the best in the "affordable" category. The food is bland at best. Not what one would call "diner food" to anyone who grew up on such...

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We do not see many dines any longer. The Silver Dinner is great if you like diner food and deserts. It has the typical diner atmosphere which I happen to like. I will eat here again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

It's a cut above the neighborhood diner. The food is fresh and well prepared. I can't say enough about the service although sometimes it seems to be a bit too attentive. And believe it or not, the wait staff actually knows what balsamic vinegar is - pretty startling for an average priced chain outlet.

When I;m in the area (which is relatively frequently) I stop in for a good dinner where they let me sit and read my book until I'm ready to leave.

Go and enjoy.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have started a family ritual of going to Silver Diner as a family on Sunday mornings. They always do a great job, good food, quick service, and great atmosphere for the family.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've written many reviews in the past few years. No menu have I ever found which requires more deciphering than this one. I cannot find a pattern. Breakfast items are haphazardly strewn within. Food is O.K., not great. Service depends entirely upon the server and the server's mood. Yellow alert on the supposed Caesar salad. It is sullied with minced flavorless tomato.
Any place with a $ 6.00 fee for a simple milkshake is no longer patron friendly.

Diners are to be straight forward and easy. Too much of a chore to eat here.