“Hey its a Chain”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

They have some good dishes, nothing great but nothing bad. The table wine is nice. Decor is rather basic. I would rather do Carraba's

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had been disappointed by Macaroni previously and had avoided eating there for several years but we thought we'd give them another try. The problem is the food. For some reason they believe that the way to prepare Italian food is to BAKE IT TO THE PLATE. We encountered this the last time and nothing has changed. I ordered "Mama's Trio" , with portions of lasagna, chicken parmigiana and a cannoli. When the food arrived, the 2 pasta items were baked so hard on the bottom that I could not cut through them with a knife. I was very hungry and am not terribly picky about food so I still tried to eat this. I was pushing down so hard with the knife that a piece of lasagne left my plate and landed on the floor. This is not a toughj steak that I am talkin about...it is pasta. The cannoli was so hard on the bottom that I could not cut through part of it at all.

The service was OK and the salad and bread were OK (although a bread knife would be a good thing, since the bread is covered with oil and not easily torn apart) but we have now encountered the "over cooked - baked to the plate" experience all three visits (at three different locations). This visit was to the Romano's Macaroni Grill in Snellville Georgia.

Someone needs to demonstrate how to cook Italian food to this chain and start with a new staff in the kitchen. Pasta should be tender and easily cut with a fork. Cheese should not be rubbery.

This will be our last visit to Romano's Macaroni Grill.

We eat at Carrabba's frequently and they are ten times better. They are "all about the food" and that is the real reason that restaurants succeed or fail.

1  Thank B W
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Normally MacGrills are great -- good, affordable food. While admittedly with a large group which takes extra time/effort, the service was SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW. The waiters were friendly and, early on, attentive. The problem seemed to have been at the kitchen. Amazingly, the restaurant was not busy. So, none of the party (or adjoining tables) could understand the reasons for the delays.

1  Thank DRWMETMAN
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Has fallen way down the ranks in Italian chain restaurants. Used to be average now is really poor, I'd chose Carrabba's any day over this place.

1  Thank LessWork M
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I used to go here years ago when my kids were small because it's nice and noisy. But I stopped because the food wasn't that great. Went recently a couple of times...OMG...get the make-your-own pasta meal. I crave it now. The focaccia bread they serve is addicting, so gotta be careful not to fill up on that before your meal comes. Only negative is they don't serve the kids the scoop of vanilla ice cream with hot dark chocolate sauce like they used to. Being a good mom, I always helped the kids with that. But this is money well spent for an affordable yet excellent meal.