“Love the fun of fondue but they are scaling back on portions”

Melting Pot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 156 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sunset Hills
Description: Spice up your dinner tonight and make some memories when you come to The Melting Pot in Reston, Virginia. We are located in the Plaza America Shopping Center off of Plaza America Dr. Enjoy every moment while sitting with your friends and enjoying all of your favorite dippers with our delicious fondue. Just looking to do cheese and chocolate? We offer that as well as our four-course experiences that are perfect for that special night out. We have a great selection of large party menus that can be personalized to fit any budget or group. Reservations are encouraged.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

You don't get as much bang for your buck anymore, but it's still a favorite spot for special celebrations. Try the flaming turtle fondue!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have been going to The Melting Pot since high school. This was my first time to the Reston location, and the location is great. The food is as good as always, and I have no real complaints besides the fact that it is way overpriced for the portions that you receive. My husband is 6'11 260 lbs, so this is not the place to go to fill him up. But we both enjoyed all of the food very much. We had the Big Night Out America, with the Boston Lager cheese, spinach salad and a ceased salad, the fondue fusion main course, and for dessert, the original chocolate. I am also happy that you don't leave there smelling like food the way you used to back in the day. Great place for Anniversaries or other special occasions and no more than that.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place is so fun. Its a great place to celebrate anniversaries, birthday's, graduations, etc... This is a great place for a romantic couples night..... or just to get out and have a chocolate fondue snack!!! yummmm

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've visited the Reston Melting Pot many times and it seems to be hit or miss with service. I feel that it's becoming less about the special night out and more about upselling dinner. This Melting Pot location is fairly new and I feel that the overall service has gone down since moving into the new location. I feel that the servers could use a bit more training to try and understand that people are coming in to celebrate a special occasion. It should be more about meeting the customer's needs and being aware of what's going on around them. This particular visit was very very long, so long that we decided to skip dessert because we had to wait so long for dinner. That was kind of sad since we were celebrating a special milestone. I will continue to give this location another try but must say that my expectations are much lower than they used to be.

2  Thank tPFmariah9999
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I don't know if the food was disappointing because we had to make it, or if the ingredients just weren't that great. We did the four course and the waiter was pushy about trying things we simply didn't like. The sauces tasted like they were straight powder mix and the cheese fondue (we got the spinach artichoke) was rather bland. Dessert was awesome though, and I would go back just for the smores fondue. To first timers, you cook your own dinner, if you don't know how to do that, ask for help. Its a little terrifying to have a pot of hot oil boiling away at your dinner table. Get dessert. It redeemed the night for us.