“Disappointing Valentines Dinner”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 156 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bluemont
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was our third Valentines dinner at McCormack & Schmicks. Sadly, it is likely to be our last. The food was generally good, but there were glaring problems throughout. We were seated promptly at a nice window seat. Alas, through no fault of the staff, window seats have poor views.

Our server, though a pleasant gentleman, struggled all evening. He took our drink orders promptly, but the drinks were 10+ minutes coming. He did not return to refill water, soda, or ask about any refills. An hour into the two dinner, we flagged him down for refills. The single appetizer arrived a bit late, but we weren't in a rush. When the appetizer arrived, we were promised bread for the second time. Ultimately, we had to ask for bread a third time when the entrees arrived. Our server apologized for the delay in the entree (over an hour after our arrival). He aid that the kitchen was baked up and the computers had gone down. My crab cake entree was fine. My wife's stuffed shrimp was warm, but the crab stuffing was cool... Had obviously been sitting or not properly heated. We ordered one of my favorite sides, sautéed mushrooms. They did not arrive with the entrees, and by the time we saw our server again, we no longer wanted them.

A lady who appeared to be a supervisor was addressing other problems in adjoining tables. Unfortunately, no one stopped by our table to ask how our we were doing.

There were more problems, but this clearly identifies a special dinner fraught with problems. We left after a two hour disappointing Valentines dinner.

I guess we will look for another restaurant next year. Perhaps M&S won't care.

2  Thank Gary2hs

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Always have a great experience here at M&S, great place for business meetings and always good service . The Catfish is fantastic!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I went to dinner with family on a Sat. evening. I noticed a back room dark, no windows, & cold, I guess for overload of customers. We sat in a nice open location and still able to have a conversation.
The waitress made us wait at least 20 minutes for a pre dinner drink. We ordered a drink & much later found out they were out of an ingredient, ginger beer, for the drink so not able to make. It was Sat. at 5:30 pm & they were not able to make the drink. Disappointing & made to wait longer.
We ordered a bottle of wine ($50.) and had it also for dinner. That took another 5-10 minutes.
The waitress kept saying she was sorry yet she kept making us wait. We did not leave or make a point about it because we were with our son & wanted to have a nice time together.
My Ahi-tuna was good but could tell it had been sitting around a bit. It was not very busy there as it was early. I will rethink the next time we look for a dinner at the Town Center.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great atmosphere, marvelous food, spot on service. This is a wonderful place to dine. Although the space is quite large, the rooms and dining areas are divided which ensures a quiet dining experience. The food was well prepared and artfully presented. The salad was crisp and lightly dressed. The sea bass entree was the chef's selection, and rightly so. It was perfect. I would return here the next time I visited the area since the food and the service was superlative.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I used to go to this place every friday night..!! It's a great place for grab a drink after dinner..!!