“Good Food and Great Customer Service”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 161 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bluemont
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We look for great food, customer service, and pet friendly establishments. This restaurant (outdoor area) met all our criteria. It was our first time, so we can only attest to one dining experience. The burgers were excellent, althought there was too much bread for the burger, fries were good. The hush puppies were different and tasty, especially the special sauce. We also enjoyed the mac and cheese. We will go back again

Reviewed April 22, 2013

It is always a pleasure to visit McCormicks & Scnicks for whatever. Wheteher I am enjoying a steak, seafood or happy hour, it is always fabulous...On thursday night through sunday night, they have either a live band or dj starting later in the evening around 1030 pm or 1100 till closing which draws a good crowd of peoplt from the international community in fairfax to socialize and dance. I have always had only good experiences at these events and no problem finding a partner to work on my cardio on the dance floor or just have pleasant conversation...I recommend this place to anyone visiting the area or who resides here for fun and relaxation. The staff is awesome and only cimpliments the experience...

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted something quieter and more upscale. This seemed like the best choice in Reston Town Center. We had been sightseeing all day and were not dressed nicely, but no one blinked an eye. We were seated at a nice booth immediately. Service was outstanding throughout. It's just that the food was just pretty good. I had the scallops and they were nice, but there weren't many and they needed some sort of sauce or more of it. They were on top of "crab" potatoes, but I saw no crab. It was almost $30 and I was still hungry after. My husband had the shrimp scampi and it was pretty good, but the sauce was a little too tangy and it just wasn't great. We had dessert - a highly recommended heath brownie. It seemed like a typical brownie with crumbled heath bar on top and a drizzle of chocolate and caramel sauces, but not enough sauce and the whole thing was just okay. The bread at the beginning was good but it was a small piece. Overall, nothing we ate was a "wow" - the portions were smallish, the recipes just okay - nothing luscious and decadent. For the prices, we expected more. But as a package deal with the service and atmosphere, it was very good. Just not outstanding.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The quality of the food will not disappoint. The waiters explain the meat selection with an incredibly amusing (though not intentionally) spiel about the cuts of steak being offered. But they are kind and attentive and they try so hard that you can't resist their rather corny pageantry. If you're in a hurry you will need to be very clear on this point or the wait between courses will drive you to desperation.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Reston Town Center, especially for an intimate meeting/reunion. I know that this is a chain and is often dismissed as such, but this particular M&S has been consistently wonderful. There is another very good seafood restaurant in Reston Town Center, but it is loud and crowded, which I suppose has its merits, but M&S is the place to go if you want to be able to hear your dinner companions and enjoy first-rate seafood. In particular, they have some large secluded booths ("Horse stalls" my significant other calls them) which can accommodate 6-8 people in some degree of privacy. This is an expensive restaurant, and every time we have been, the service and food have been consistently superior, making it a value in my mind. One of our frequent dining companions is a wealthy eccentric gourmet, who dresses at all times as if he's just come in from ploughing the fields. The staff of this M&S have never even raised an eyebrow at his attire and treat him as well as any bespoke-suited guest might expect to be treated. And, oh yeah, it's a great place to entertain clients with a fat expense account, but I am also perfectly happy to eat here when the bill comes out of my own pocket.