“No Big Deal”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 150 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bluemont
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“No Big Deal”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I received gift cards so we decided to go.
The ambience wasn't bad although I had to ask for a candle for our table even though most of the others already had one.
The waitress was very sweet and we left her a nice tip but I wouldn't say the service was anywhere near extraordinary.
The appetizers were good but it's hard to mess up Maryland Crab soup . . .but it was tasty.
Steak and lobster special was just ok. Salmon was just ok.
bill came to $120 with tip. It's a chain and not a fancy restaurant I know. But, for $120 they should do better. I probably wouldn't go outta my way to go there in the future.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Dbyrne646

VA
“Expensive”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

They sat us in the back room near the men's room. It was Ok- the service was efficient. The food was high priced seafood. I had a Landry's card and a S25 discount or I would not have come here. The calamari was good, The fish and chips was tasty. The tilapia with almonds had a sharp taste and was better the next day afer it had been in my refrigerator all night.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank surferboyVA
Boca Raton, Florida
“ugh”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

nice atmosphere is you like dark wood but when it comes to food, expect little more than basic fare with overly described on the overly elaborate menu. Service is good.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank jorgensen2016
Herndon, Virginia
“Private Party”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Went to a surprise wedding anniversary party for friends. Had private room in the back. Staff was great and the food was awesome, plus they refreshed the food at the right time. All people had a great time.

Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Veteran's Day”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have gone to several different restaurants for their Veteran's Day salute. The good think about McCormick & Schmick's is that resrevations were required (as opposed to standing in line for 2 hours at Appleby's or Golden Corral). On this night, the place was packed, making service a little slower than normal. Our waited pointed this out and suggested we get an appetizer. The food was quite good and our waiter was very attentive to our needs. We were in a secluded corner, so the light was a little poor, but it increased the romance factor. We were glad we went.

• Visited November 2012