“Most Authentic Gyro” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Most Authentic Gyro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Homemade pita and charred on the outside yet tender on the inside meat in the gyro! Restaurant inside is mundane but clean...menu limited but they do what they do well!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Reston, Virginia
“Still a solid alternative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you like a lot of calories, Reston Kabob is your place. You basically get a ton of rice, a few pieces of lettuce called a salad, and tasty, moist, well spiced kabob. Prices keep going up (presumably to keep up with Moby's), but it's still a lot of value.

Visited February 2013
Reston, Virginia, United States
“Good Gyro Salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I go to this place a couple of times a month for a gyro salad. We share one and love it. This is a simple place next to the 7 11. Walk up, place your order, sit, and wait a few moments. The gyro meat is good. I like the sauces they have on the table. This is a simple but good meal and we will return often.

• Visited January 2013
Herndon, VA
“Gyro to die for and an addictive spicy sauce to boot...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I like kabob. My wife loves gyros. And we love all kinds of exotic foods.

So it was a bit of a shock when our very friendly, white, middle class American neighbors told us about Reston kabob and their reputation for "best gyro in Reston / Herndon area". So of course, we had to try it out. Our first time was about a month ago...and I have been back about five times since.

Unlike bland gyro meat, RK has a generous portion that looks and smells freshly roasted. Add lettuce, tomatoes, onions on a huge authentic fresh pita wrap. Top with a spicy / tangy sauce that is addictive as hell and you have gyro heaven for $7.99. It's so huge my wife and I can usually split one, but on some days I need to eat one whole to satisfy my craving. All made better by the hole-in-the-wall ambiance.

The only negative for me is the white sauce seems to be mayo based and not yogurt based with dill and cucumber like a good tzatziki sauce. But maybe hat Greek / Turkish (I think RK is Afghani).

In any case, go here at your own peril. You will become addicted. It's that good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Kabobs in the area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

It is very busy for lunch so try to avoid the lunch hour, but this is hands down the best kabob place in the area

Visited November 2012