“Good Gyro Salad”

Reston Kabob
Reston, Virginia, United States
“Good Gyro Salad”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I go to this place a couple of times a month for a gyro salad. We share one and love it. This is a simple place next to the 7 11. Walk up, place your order, sit, and wait a few moments. The gyro meat is good. I like the sauces they have on the table. This is a simple but good meal and we will return often.

• Visited January 2013

Herndon, VA
“Gyro to die for and an addictive spicy sauce to boot...”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I like kabob. My wife loves gyros. And we love all kinds of exotic foods.

So it was a bit of a shock when our very friendly, white, middle class American neighbors told us about Reston kabob and their reputation for "best gyro in Reston / Herndon area". So of course, we had to try it out. Our first time was about a month ago...and I have been back about five times since.

Unlike bland gyro meat, RK has a generous portion that looks and smells freshly roasted. Add lettuce, tomatoes, onions on a huge authentic fresh pita wrap. Top with a spicy / tangy sauce that is addictive as hell and you have gyro heaven for $7.99. It's so huge my wife and I can usually split one, but on some days I need to eat one whole to satisfy my craving. All made better by the hole-in-the-wall ambiance.

The only negative for me is the white sauce seems to be mayo based and not yogurt based with dill and cucumber like a good tzatziki sauce. But maybe hat Greek / Turkish (I think RK is Afghani).

In any case, go here at your own peril. You will become addicted. It's that good.

• Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Kabobs in the area!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It is very busy for lunch so try to avoid the lunch hour, but this is hands down the best kabob place in the area

Visited November 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
“My new "Go To Spot" in Reston”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fantastic Kabob and gyro restaurant filled with a continuous line of local customers. This place is family owned and has been around for years. I tried the gyro and I was hooked. I had to come back over and over again. It is within walking distance of the Westin and Sheraton in Reston Heights and just a short drive from Reston Town Centre. Skip the overpriced restaurants in Reston Town Centre and try this local joint. Your taste buds and stomach will thank you!

Visited November 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Best Kabobs in Reston”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Its just a hole in the wall shop near a 7-11 - but it always packed at lunchtime and everyone's getting a 'to go' in the evenings. We have been getting take out from here at least twice a month for the last 8 years . . . its great.

Staff are friendly, menu is simple, good portions - its just one of those places the locals know about and go to all the time.