“Nice restaurant, OK food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Vapiano
Ranked #21 of 147 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Centreville, Virginia
“Nice restaurant, OK food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my second time to Vapiano, I had tried the Sterling, VA location a couple of years ago. The restaurant was clean, had a right-sized menu, the price seemed a little high for what you get and the end result was undercooked pasta (could of used another 2 minutes) and just a mediocre result (I had the spinaci e scampi), not so sure that the lemon works in this dish.

• Visited May 2013

Honolulu
“Novelty Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I invited my college age niece and her boyfriend to dinner and although they thought it was fun, I did not enjoy my dining experience. I held our couch seating while they stood in line for food. Once they came back, I leftt and stood in line for my order. We basically ate in shifts. No one cleared tables or cleaned them.
Won't go back in the future, although the food itself is fine.

• Visited April 2013
Reston, Virginia, United States
“Bizarre Seating Ruins Great Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Tried it twice. Hated the experience. Very painful. This place is an open seating nightmare. You have to guard your territory with weaponry and barbed wire and yet at the same time go stand in line for each station that you want food from. If you can get through all that you end up with an occasionally excellent dish in the middle of lots of good ones. If you like the bar scene, but want better food, this is the place for you.

• Visited November 2012
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Visit to Vapiano in February, 2013”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was in Reston for some conferences and couldn't get into my restaurant of 1st choice, so my friend and I went to Vapiano. It's an unusual place. They have open seating and no servers. Instead, you get a smart card that you take to the order counter and when you ask the chef for your menu choice, he loads the price on your card. You then wait and watch him prepare your chosen dish for you. Soft drinks are self service as well. When you are finished, you return to the front of the restaurant with your card and proceed to "check out." Well, I chose from the Pasta Gruppo D list, the Scampi E Spinaci. It was OK, I suppose, but a bit bland for my tastes. Quite an unusual place with an unusual concept, but I don't think I'd care to return.

• Visited February 2013
Reston, Virginia
“Good if not busy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

When it gets busy the lines can be annoying. When I want to go out to dinner I don't want to stand and watch my dinner being cooked after waiting in a long line. With that said, the food is pretty delicious.

Visited September 2012