All reviews front desk target store sandwich shop longer term gas station kitchen area long term within walking distance laundry room hotel is great excellent customer service dulles airport ymca chipotle chick tammy fil
Reviewed June 27, 2018

I have stayed here a number of times and the experience was not bad at all. There was always ample parking and the rooms were clean. The fridge and kitchen area were also very clean. The no smoking room was an excellent choice.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your well-equipped room and had a comfortable time with us. It was a pleasure serving you, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2018

The front desk staff were very friendly, and helpful! In addition Tammy from the front desk called and informed us we left a computer tablet and ensured us it would be kept safe until they mail it back to us which was very nice! breakfast was grab and go as advertised. The rooms could be better, had some dead bugs in it. Counters and bathroom not the cleanest. The grounds had lots of cigarette butts thrown all over.

Stayed: June 2018
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Although you liked our service during your pleasant stay, we apologize for the cleanliness issue. Your feedback is shared with our housekeeping team to be more diligent going ahead. We hope to have another chance to deliver you with an exceptional experience.

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Room stinks of stale cigarettes. Asked to be moved new room was the same. Rooms are dark and dingy. Area is dirty with smokers and animal crap on the stairs.

Woke up with a sore throat and felt like I had been in a smokey bar all night.

Pay an extra few dollars and stay somewhere else.

If you smoke, and aren’t too bothered about how clean a hotel is, this place is for you.

If you are a non smoker or enjoy a normal standard of cleanliness. Stay away.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Robert, thank you for being our guest and for sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the smell of smoke you experienced during your stay. We work hard to provide a clean environment and we are sorry the smell compromised your experience. We truly regret the inconvenience it caused and will follow up on your concerns to ensure we are doing everything possible to minimize the impact on our guests. Thank you again for your candid review, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

I asked for a smoke free room, they claim it was smoke free but the beddings and mattress smelt of nothing but cigarette smoke. I checked in at 4am and checked out at 7am because it was so bad. Front desk lady did not seem to care when I told her about it. The outside of the rooms is scattered with cigarret butts everywhere its nasty for us non smokers. Was not worth a penny for what I paid I wish I could get my money back.

Room Tip: do not stay at this dirty hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Caroline, thank you for your feedback. We want to apologize for failing to provide the level of service and cleanliness you should have received. Your review will be taken as a tool to ensure that all procedures within our housekeeping and maintenance departments are being followed. We value your feedback and will use it to ensure we are more consistent with our service levels. We hope we have the chance to make it up to you at a future date.

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

I checked in with my colleagues and we asked for utensils that every room is entitled to as part of their stay. The guy at reception came up with pan having food stick to it along with ants running over it. When I objected, he smilingly says it's pretty much we have and all others are like this. When I still refused, then he came up with a cleaner pan.
The second incident happened with my colleague who asked for a room close to us (second floor). He was told that there is no more rooms available on second floor as the hotel is pretty much full. My colleague was fine and agreed to stay on ground floor. When he visited the room. It was very dirty and he came back to reception and refused to stay in that room. Then only the guy at reception gave him key to the room couple of room next to ours on second floor. It's not a great hotel to expect great service from but hygiene should be priority for any one in hotel service. I am going to talk to the management and share my feedback for sure. But it's worth to put this on public forum too.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Bhawna, please accept our apology for not living up to your expectations. Normally, our team does a terrific job responding to our guests’ needs, so we're sorry that did not happen in your instance. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate team members and managers to see why we failed to adhere your requests and to ensure we better serve our future guests. We truly hope you will give us a chance to impress you on a future visit.