“Reston, Washington DC visit”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Property located very close to the business district and town center,
YMCA next door makes it very convenient for indoor sports and activities.
Staff was very helpful esp Brittany.
Internet worked just fine, although had to make calls couple of times to make it work.
Bed should be improved.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Narendra - Thank for providing such positive feedback about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings; it pleases me to know that we were able to do this for you. I will be sure to share your accolades with Brittany specifically. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with the internet and our beds.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. We look forward to accommodating you!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very professional staff that is extremely courteous and very helpful. When the room is missing hangers they immediately arrive at the door with new hanger or a coffee pot. Calling the staff for a future reseveration is done very quickly and the the confirmation is immediately sent by email

• Stayed: July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Staff is terrific as long as you don't mind having to dump the drip pan and cleaning the gas grill left for your use with the wrong instructions. Also since July you need your own internet. Cell phones - you will meet your neighbor outside as cell phones rarely ever work in the room. I have 10 mosquito bites from sitting outside to use the phone. TV - old tube style but it's good enough when their DISH service works for the 26 channels you get.
Love the use of the YMCA. Also this location is close to everything and only a $20 taxi ride to the subway or Dulles Airport.
I'm here because I am in temporary work and need some place close and economical. I do enjoy my time here.
Do come and enjoy but remember you will need to have your back up internet and go outside for the rain.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay hasn't been 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you are not having a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

For the past 23 months, I have rented on a monthly basis at this property in a one room efficiency due to work transfer circumstances. The staff here are extremely helpful. Specifically, Danny who works during the work week communicates with me daily re: important mail deliveries etc. Danny's professional manner and Britney's welcoming personality is an asset to the hotel here.

Room Tip: Towards the back of the hotel seems to quieter from traffic etc. property does not have a restaurant...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing Danny and Britney's efforts towards making your stay with us more comfortable. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

beyond expectations, HSS in Reston was the greatest choice I could make. service quality is excellent, front desk staff is kind and helpful, with Danny as a true example of professional sense. Rooms are really comfortable and clean, fully equipped kitchen including dishes and utensils, cable TV and 24/7 free WiFi. The hotel location is perfect, huge Target supermarket at walk distance, restaurants and diners, nearby bus stop to the West Falls Church metro station (connecting to Washington DC), YMCA sport center with pool and gym; plus the most visit-worthy Reston Town Center - shops, restaurants, parks - like half mile away. I could peacefully enjoy one of the most relaxing business/solo trips ever. already planning to come back again in six months. highly recommended for anyone, most highly recommended for independent kinda travellers.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our staff is continually striving to provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest who stays with us. And our company takes great pride in being able to offer basic amenities onsite as well as surrounding the hotels for guests to enjoy. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was travelling from Germantown, MD for both business and pleasure. I've got to say I received outstanding service for the 4 days I'm spending here, especially from Ms. Tilma, the Hotel Manager at the Frontdesk that day. The rooms are clean, and the location is great - right next to everything a traveler can dream of. I bet this hotel offers the best value in the area.
Great experience. I definitely recommend it to anyone travelling in the area.

Room Tip: Double rooms are spacious
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

All the staff at this hotel are very friendly, professional and helpful. The attention to service and customer care makes the difference at this hotel. The facilities are a little worn but for the price you pay one cannot complain. This hotel is particularly nice for those who want to cook. The location is great being very close to Reston Town Center and the health facilities next door I thought was an unusally great perk and there is convenient shopping all around close by.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Hyatt Regency Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston? Share your experiences!