“Sunday Lunch @ Dinner Prices???” 4 of 5 stars

Kalypso's
Ranked #42 of 146 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Greek, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Herndon
“Sunday Lunch @ Dinner Prices???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I love that the restaurant is located on the lake, Lake Anne, in Reston. The view could be better, but I appreciate what I can get since this is the best view any restaurant on Lake Anne can get.

I went to the restaurant, because it has a pet friendly patio. The service was great and my waitress was very attentive and friendly.

I asked for 2 glasses of water to start off with one for my little dog, and she brought one in a disposable soup cup. Very thoughtful.

I ordered the steamed clams to start off and blue crab ravioli for my main meal. The ceasar salad came first then the fresh baked bread with olive oil dipping. The fresh bread was amazing... warm, light and yummy. The steamed clams were great but a bit too tiny served with sliced black olives and capers (?) Which was unexpected, but unique and tasted good. The blue crab ravioli was not exactly what I was expecting. It was served with way too much sauce that made the dish looked like soup. It had so much sauce that I couldn't taste the ravioli or the blue crab in it. The sauce was creamy and great with the fresh bread, which is how I ate most of the sauce in order to enjoy the flavor of the ravioli. I did mention the too much sauce to the waitress to share with the chef. Hopefully, they will make the necessary adjustments to make the dish even better. As for the ravioli, it wasn't consistent in the stuffing. Some I could taste the blue crab and others not so much. It has small pieces of bell red pepper in the stuffing that was too strong and completely masked the blue crab.

I also ordered a coke and the bill was $34.... for lunch! On a Sunday. A little pricey then I had expected. The food could improve to match the prices. The atmosphere was nice. I would go back and give it another try. I will probably stay away from the seafood dishes since... after all, it is a sport bar and restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Marinda0

Herndon, Virginia
“Best Pizza Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

They have nice and comfortable outside seating over looking the lake. This pizza is very good nice people. I will definitely be going back.

• Visited June 2013
Reston, Virginia
“awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

only thing this place has going for it is the outdoor seating. Dirty napkins, dirty tablecloth, unprofessional staff, poor and over priced food. We were so disappointed with eveything!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Herndon, Virginia
“Souvlaki Lamb Sandwich Yum Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We sat outside next to Lake Anne and ordered lunch the other day. This was my first time to Kalypso's Sports Tavern and needless to say I was very impressed. I ordered the Souvlaki Sandwich with lamb and it was excellent. The lamb was tender, the vegetables were crisp. Only strike was cold fries. They went back and hot ones returned. They were very good as well. This is a lovely setting and excellent food. Pretty hard to beat. PS Outside seating avoids the horrible TV food combo that I really dislike.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Reston, Virginia
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I dine at Kalypso s all the time. They have a wonderful variety of Greek and Italian food. My favorite is the Mousaka! They have a beautiful patio right in front of the lake (Lake Anne). All kinds of entertainment live bands, DJ, trivia, karaoke. I definitely recommend this place to my friends.

• Visited March 2013