“a nice, modern, upscale retail center to stroll, shop and eat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Reston
Herndon, VA
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“a nice, modern, upscale retail center to stroll, shop and eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Reston Town Center is the heart of Reston. It's where you go to stroll, shop and eat. It's where you take out-of-towners when you want to visit someplace local. It's got some nice shops, including Anthropologie (a favorite of my wife), South Moon Under (my daughter's favorite) and Apple (my favorite).

There's lots of restaurant choices, including upscale (PassionFish, Mon Ami Gabi, etc.), middle of the road (Uno Chicago Grill, Cosi, etc.) and reasonable (Chipotle, Panera Bread, etc.)

Bow Tie Cinemas recently renovated, and so the movie theatre now features stadium seating. Other entertainment is seasonal, such as outdoor concerts in the summer (Saturday evening) and ice skating in the winter.

Now understand, though I'm giving this a rating of very good, it's primarily because there really isn't much else to do with tourists in the Reston area. OK?

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Reston, Virginia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Our hometown townCenter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Reston Town Center is really grown up. As locals, we've been here for the Thanksgiving parades, the 5k, the bike races. This year, we saw them put up the christmas tree and take it down, the 4 year old is learning to ice skate, and we consider it our downtown.

In the evenings, there are a lot of well-heeled professionals and teenagers wandering about spending more on dinner than I could afford, but it still a place to see and be seen any weekend. That's why we like it more early in the morning.

There are always events here to go see, art events, beer drinking events, holiday festivals and more. It's a great place.

Visited February 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
219 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Great place for walking, dining, shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

There is always somethingngoingnon at the town center. At Christams there is the beautifully decorated tree and skating rink. In summer there are the outdoor cares and live music in the town square. There are lots of great restaurants, stores, cinema choices and parking spots ( in the central garage which is free and walkable to anywhere.)

Visited December 2012
White Plains, New York
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“If you want everything a suburban mall embodies...this is for you”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Imagine walking streets with corporate sounding names, enormous parking lots and restaurants the size of airplane hangers sprinkled with nothing but chain stores and chain high end restaurants and you have the Reston Town Center. The place is PACKED with people, locals and those either going to or coming from Dulles. There is NO street parking at all, but the highrise parking garages are free and clean and seem safe.

So am I complaining or extolling? Since I live in a suburb of New York City I knew almost all the stores and my daughter was pleased with the selection. Everybody was friendly, everything was clean, no garbage on the streets, no dog poop, even birds must wear birdie undies.

It would be better, in my opinion, if there were some stores selling locally-based goods. How many Jos. A Banks do we need? By the way, to be completely honest, I buy much of my clothes from Bank.

There was nothing "Virginia" about Reston Town Mall and nothing wrong with what was there. I just wish there were other things not there.

Visited December 2012
Reston, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just a bit of Reston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The town center is such a delight because it is not a Tanger Outlet mall type attraction. There are specialty shops, Anthropology which is a personal favorite that is not located in my hometown, and several clothiers. The streets are clean, safe, and, although it was not available on the day of my visit, there is the attraction of live music on weekends. It is a hot spot and if you have a chance...check it out for yourself and enjoy !

Visited September 2012