“Great gelato!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Reston
Cuisines: Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pitango Gelato creates authentic gelato focusing on classic Italian flavors rather than novelties or trends. Made with grass-fed organic milk and fresh organic fruit and nuts, our products contain no flavorings, no colorings, nor artificial ingredients of any kind. Pitango also takes its coffee very seriously. We use organic, single-estate beans roasted especially for us in small batches by a local boutique roaster.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great gelato!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I've been here a few times and really enjoy their gelato. At first, the portions don't look too big, but the flavors are so good and rich that the portions end up being perfect. It's a little pricy, but with the quality of the gelato I think it's worth it.

In the summer, there isn't a lot of seating inside the restaurant, but there is a lot of outdoor space. Long lines are common in the summer, but they move quickly!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

San Diego, California
“Your Taste buds don't want to miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My daughter lived in Italy for 9 months, and she says this is the best Gelato she has ever had in the states. I say it is the best I have ever had. They have an amazing assortment of flavors, dark chocolate orange and fresh raspberry was my favorite combination. This is a wonderful place to sit and rest your feet, they even provide a selection of magazines to look at. It is bright and comfortable, and obviously appreciated as a gathering place. Really wish I had one of these close to my house, although my diet probably is thankful we don't. If you are ever in the area check it out. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Visited October 2012
Herndon
“Yummy by pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

It has a good selectioni of Gelato. For a scoop, it's like $5. A little too pricey for me to visit regularly.

Visited August 2011
McLean, Virginia
“Excellent Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Best gelato I have had since I was in Italy! The young people in our group also loved the sorbet. I will be back for more.

Visited July 2012
Stone Ridge, VA
“Great Gelatos but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love gelatos and had not found a good place to eat them in the Washington DC area until I found Pitango.

The gelatos are creamy and very tasty. I had the Passion Fruit with Spicy Chocolate gelatos. Both were exquisite. My only complaint is the small portion you get for the money you pay. In Italy I would pay 2 Euros (about $2.70) for double the amount of what you get here.

I will continue to go but not as often as I would like.

• Visited June 2012