“Too much of the wrong things here!”
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 153 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here for lunch while visiting a festival in the area. Music was way too LOUD. Poor selections on the menu (I wanted taco salad since it is a "Mexican" restaurant but it's not on the menu). Quality of the food was ok but not worth the price. The seafood items on the menu made no sense to us since it is a Mexican place. Oh well, we will never go back again since that area offers much better dining choices than this one. Oh, how could I forget, this place should've been a seafood joint because all the patrons are packed in it like sardines.

2  Thank Teeroe1
There are newer reviews for Uncle Julio's

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I ordered takeout from this restaurant before heading back to my hotel after working in Reston Town Center. When I got to the hotel I found there was no knife, fork or napkin. I called the manager to have him remind his staff this is not something they should forget, and he had the gall to tell me that they forgot to ask, but that they charge a "packaging fee" for utensils and a napkin. Sorry, fools, but I will do a "packaging" on my wallet and never spend another dime with you. Guaranteed.

2  Thank Juan J
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went to the restaurant for an early Friday dinner. My wife had the Salmon special and I had the fish tacos. Salmon came not completely cooked, and fish tacos came way too much cabbage/lettuce with just a very thin slice of tilapia (couldn't even taste it was there) that left a very bad after taste. My wife said it was the hickory smoke they add to it. I just know I had to wash each bite down. We have been there many times before and it was good. Manager came by without being asked and said he was sorry the fish was undercooked and gave us $10 off the price. The final bill was still high and we went away with upset stomachs. Will not be returning as the place seems to have gone down.

1  Thank NorthernVABean
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We are frequent eaters here! We usually come to Reston just for this place. Always excellent service, but I highly recommend calling ahead one hour to get your name in. We like to get the 3 piece white sauce chicken enchilada platter- 2 enchiladas for there and one to take home for lunch the next day. I always ask them to substitute refried beans for the bean mixture that comes with the platter. Just my preference. So excited to hear they are opening a new Uncle Julio's next to the upcoming Loudoun Hounds baseball stadium near the Alamo Draft house. Free chips and salsa are so good we sometimes but them alone for parties at home and work. Keep up the great work Uncle Julio's staff in Reston!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Sizzling fajita's are used to be sizzling. Not anymore. But the meat is close to perfect, more tender. Margaritas are plenty and various sizes and choices. There is a 30% discount on drinks including margaritas during the happy hour. Great outdoor dining on a hot spot while people watching.