“Uncle Julio's” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 145 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Gluten Free Options
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canton, New York
“Uncle Julio's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I really enjoyed my experience at Uncle Julio's. I went there with my girlfriend, my best friend, and his girlfriend. We were able to sit outside, which was an added bonus, considering how busy they were. The food was good, and our waiter was magnificent. He was not afraid to sell what was on the menu. He was very knowledgable and was not afraid to give his opinion about the items on the menu, which were very accurate. If we didn't have the waiter we did, the experience would not have been as pleasant, despite being in great company. I would eat here again if given the chance.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Consistently good fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have eaten here a few times - but Mexican's not really my thing (too gloopy and cheesy for my palate)

However - when I'm in town from UK on business - I make it a point to visit here at least once and have 2 margaritas (not the frozen ones - that give brain freeze) and the chips and salsa they serve for free!!

I sit and chat to folks sitting near me and watch whatever game of football, baseball or basket ball is paying. Life is good

Great vibe

• Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not a winner. Not anymore”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

It's average. All average. Nothing jumps out here and yet people keep going. Like they go to the Cheesecake Factory. Big giant menus of average food. The chips are good. All else well average. To many other choices in reston

• Visited April 2013
Key West FL
“Ripoff Report”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Ate here with a group of friends (6 total) a little while ago. I guess the server only cared about upselling us since he was charging us the "optional" 18% gratuity.

First, I ordered the "Beergarita" which was a margarita with a corona on the top. They failed to mention on the menu that it was a 10oz margarita with an 8 oz coronita (The small mini-bottle). I wouldn't have minded the small size if the price reflected it...and it was actually feasible to drink. The 10 oz glass was so small I had a hard time fitting the straw around the bottle.

Then I ordered a premium margarita which for 11 dollars I would like to at least be able to taste tequila in it. Since our server was no where to be found (Again, most likely because he knew was going to get a tip anyways), I went to the bar and asked the bartender to top it off. She was very rude when refusing and told me to back and talk to our server. Server finally came around and then had another one remade (20-25 minutes from when he first dropped the drink off). Not much of a difference in tequila taste. What's worse is that he charged me for 2 of these even though he taken the first one and I had to argue with him on the bill about the other drink. Eventually he adjusted it.

My friend had ordered the queso dip and then another one but didn't know it was the 8 or 9 dollar queso dip (apparantly they have small and large sizes). The server flat out lied to my friend and said "I asked you large or small and you said large" which was not true, he only asked if he wanted the queso dip. He refused to adjust his bill at all.

We made our issues clear with management and they were very unresponsive, simply stating that we were being billed for what we consumed. (the queso dips included). Very bad experience spending $200+ as a group. for a few drinks each and a couple of entrees.

I could go on about how their food is just average americanized mexican food, but their overpriced drinks and rude staff and management made me never step foot inside one of these ever again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Mike K
Reston, Virginia
“Always worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

A frequent stop for my family. We think it is the best for Mexican food in the area. We love it. Good food and drinks in a family oriented atmosphere. Can be noisy. May have to wait at the busy times for a table.

• Visited April 2013