“Awesome food.”

The Counter
Ranked #25 of 153 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The greatest place to eat a burger. You can customize your order or just pick one from the menu. Try the Parmesan fries, the order come with more than enough to share that's for sure. Ask for Ashley,she will take great care of you.

There are newer reviews for The Counter

Reviewed April 30, 2013

fill out a card for any and all menu choices - you can have your dinner or lunch in 5000 different combinations, custom tailored to youtr liking

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Sat outside for a burger, shake and fries at dinner time. Shake was asked for extra thick, came extra watery -- asked them to remake it, which they did, and it was a lot better.

Burger was supposed to be pink inside (their description), and it was well done, and partially burned on one side. Fries were good. Just wasn't what I was expecting. I grade it on a curve, where the Burger Lounge in San Diego is the best, and this was just barely average.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Love this place! I'm not a huge burger person, so I didn't rush to this restaurant. When I finally relented and went with my son, I was amazed. First you select your meat - different sizes of beef, turkey and bison. You also choose between a bun or a bowl. Even the bowl has choices of different lettuce beds. Then you start dressing things up: different cheeses, loads of other toppings, and a vast array of sauces. One of my favorite parts is the fries on the side. You can get regular yummy fries or sweet potatoe fries. You can order a fifty-fifty if you can't decide! There is a full bar, and take-out orders can be placed online. Hmmm...writing this has given me a craving...

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I visited The Counter in Marina Del Rey, CA, and had an awesome and delicious experience there. Chains sometimes have inconsistent food or service delivery, especially as they expand with retail success. This is not the case with The Counter in Reston, VA. The food and the service were as good there as on the Left Coast.

We were seated immediately and asked for our drinks order after being given our menus. The ice tea served at this restaurant is excellent and doesn't appear to be from a mix. The format for these restaurants is a clipboard for individual orders for menu items. The guests choose everything from the type of protein they want (e.g., beef, chicken, lamb, vegetarian, etc), to the four topping for a standard order, type of bread and any other seasonings to make a perfect casual meal. Portions can be specified and include 1/3-pound, 2/3-pound and full-pound patties.

The french fries are of the shoestring type and they are excellent; my wife and I shared a standard order, which was served between the arrival of the drinks and the main course. We both ordered our beef prepared "medium" and we were grateful not to get a lecture about the dangers of consuming red meat or have to sign a liability release form from some lawyer who was worried about corporate survivability in case of some sickness attributable to undercooked meat. Our burgers were both cooked to perfection.

The Counter staff came by our table on a very regular basis to see how the meal was going and to see if there was anything they could do to improve our experience. Other than some more ice tea, we made no demands on anyone coming by the table.

This is an outstanding place to have a delicious casual dinner. It won't disappoint!